Feature request about "Home" and "Away"

3 weeks ago
Model: Tapo C200   Tapo C500  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.13 and 1.1.3

Hi all.

I have two houses and in each I have your cameras.
Your app allows to manage two homes, but does not allow to change notification settings independently.
In fact, when I change "Home" and "Away" the settings of ALL the cameras are changed together.
I ask you to evaluate a change to the app, so that I can set "At home" and "Away from home" for each of the houses in which there are cameras, given that your app allows (appropriately) to manage several houses.

It would also be appropriate for the choice between "Home" and "Away" to be visible after activating one of the two modes

Options
3 Reply
Re:Feature request about "Home" and "Away"
2 weeks ago

@PaRi53 

Hi,
The Tapo camera supports setting the notification settings independently. If you only have two houses, I think it may be able to add your cameras to the Home/Away mode and preset different settings to meet your requirements.
Please let me know your usage scenario and requirements in detail and I'll check if they can be achieved.

Btw, thank you very much for your feedback about the request "choice between Home and Away to be visible after activating one of the two modes", I'll log it and forward it to the relevant team to evaluate.

Best Regards

Options
2 weeks ago

@Solla-topee 

Hello and thanks for the reply.

Yes, and that's what I did.
I have set that, with the "At home" mode, the cameras in the city house have notifications disabled and those in the mountain house have notifications enabled, and vice versa with the "Away" mode.

This is to allow all cameras to record when they detect movement, whether I am at home or away
But this is a workaround that does not solve, for example, the need when I am traveling.

Options
2 weeks ago

@PaRi53 

Hi,

Thank you for your description and feedback, I'll log it and forward it to the relevant team to evaluate.

Best Regards

Options