this smart device can only be controlled locally

Tuesday - last edited Thursday
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.3.11

when connecting the device to the power bank an error occurs stating that "this smart device can be connected locally" so in reality I cant see love feed from my cam when connected to the powerbank , otherwise when connected to the power socket the connection is fine. Has anyone else had this error problem occur and how can I solve. Thank you.

Options
3 Reply
Re:this smart device can only be controlled locally
Wednesday

@dibi 
Hi,
1. What's the brand and model number of your power bank? 
2. When the camera is powered by a power bank, does it connect to the same Wi-Fi network as when it is powered by a power socket?
If the camera connects to different Wi-Fi networks, you may need to check the network diagrams and the internet connection in the different usage scenarios.
Best Regards

Options
Wednesday

@Solla-topee this is the poewr bank i use:

Remax Thoway RPP-54 5000mAh

the voltage of power bank is 5 volts and i 've install a converter for stepping the voltage up to 9 volts. And in case you want to know the step up cnverter i use is this:

LC SX1308 booster module carrying SX1308 chip.

Actually iam quite confused cause when i have the cam connected to power bank and i connect it after reset it to my home network i dont get that message and i can see live footage even with my cellular data.The 1st time i configured the cam when it was connected to the power bank was in a wifi pocket device sim internet only network, i dont know if that matters. i ve seen the suggestions to change the DNS server to 8.8.8.8 but i dont have this choice.the model of this device is this:

COSMOTE Pocket ALCATEL MW45 4G. I ll give it a try again

Options
Thursday

@dibi 

Hi, 
Thank you for the updated information. 
Usually, when the camera is connected to a Wi-Fi network but has no internet or fails to connect to our cloud server, you will be unable to control it remotely. 

From your description, the problem has nothing to do with the power bank and the camera, since when the camera connects to the power bank and home network, you can control the camera remotely. The problem should be related to the 4G pocket Wi-Fi device.

Below are some suggestions:
1. When you use the 4G pocket Wi-Fi device, you can connect your phone to its Wi-Fi network first to confirm it has an internet connection.
2. Try to change the DNS server on the 4G pocket Wi-Fi device and check if it helps.
3. Check if the device has configured some special settings, such as MAC Filtering, Firewall, and ACL rules for the camera, if so, remove them for a try.
4. Maybe the SIM card provider has a limitation thus the camera connected to the 4G device can't connect to our cloud server, you can contact the SIM card provider for a check.

If the above suggestions are not working, it's recommended to contact the 4G pocket Wi-Fi device support for further help.

Best Regards

Options