Tapo D230S1 wifi range

Tapo D230S1 wifi range

Tapo D230S1 wifi range
Tapo D230S1 wifi range
a week ago - last edited a week ago

Hello all, 

I am interested in buying the above mentioned doorbell but before making the purchase I would like to know a very important detail. 

how much range is expected to be safe between the hub and the doorbell ? 

I mean, my appartment is on the 4th floor and I am planning to install the doorbell on the ground floor. Will this work or there is no way ? 
Please note that it is pretty much impossible to throw a RJ-45 cable from 4th to ground floor 

Thanks ! 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo D230S1 wifi range-Solution

@zanskou 

Tapo D230 is not a WiFi device. It adapts a different wireless technology, TP-Link SubG. The doorbell connects to Tapo hub via SubG, and the Tapo hub connects to router via 2.4G WiFi or ethernet. 

TP-Link Sub-GHz Technology Brings the New Tapo Lineup of Smart Hub, Sensors,Switches and More.

In a case like yours, the 4-story height cuts down significantly on the quality of the connection between the hub and the doorbell, especially with a metal/steel wall in the way. If the hub can be placed in the middle, the doorbell should be able to make a stable connection with the hub. But if the hub can only be placed on the 4th floor inside your apartment, there's a good chance it won't connect.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo D230S1 wifi range-Solution

@zanskou 

Tapo D230 is not a WiFi device. It adapts a different wireless technology, TP-Link SubG. The doorbell connects to Tapo hub via SubG, and the Tapo hub connects to router via 2.4G WiFi or ethernet. 

TP-Link Sub-GHz Technology Brings the New Tapo Lineup of Smart Hub, Sensors,Switches and More.

In a case like yours, the 4-story height cuts down significantly on the quality of the connection between the hub and the doorbell, especially with a metal/steel wall in the way. If the hub can be placed in the middle, the doorbell should be able to make a stable connection with the hub. But if the hub can only be placed on the 4th floor inside your apartment, there's a good chance it won't connect.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 47

Replies: 1

Related Articles