Bell Aliant Fibe Internet and TV bypass

Friday
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.1 Build 20240117 Rel.57421

Hi All,

I am looking for guidance on getting my Fibe TV boxes working on my current setup.  My goal is to

1. keep all the Bell Sepplied equipment out of the loop except the TV Boxes.
  2. If Possible enable the wireless TV boxes to work as well (need the hidden SSID info)

Setup:

• Gateway ER7206 V1
  • Switch: SG2429P 
  • SFP from HH3000 into the Gateway.
  • I am also with Bell Aliant not BELL proper in NS, meaning the SFP will get an IP based on DHCP not PPPoE
  • Bell PVR is a VIP5662W (currently plugged into LAN2 port directly on the gateway)

Current State:

1. Internet is working great, I have VLAN 35 applied in the WIRED NETWORK - SFP WAN setup below:

LAN Setup:

IPTV setup

Options
8 Reply
Re:Bell Aliant Fibe Internet and TV bypass
Monday

Hi  @JMo_C137 

As configured now, it should be working on wired. If you need wireless, you should set up the VLAN to pass it over. The core is to set up the VLAN.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Monday
it is currently wired in and NOT working.. getting wireless to work is a bonus if I get the wired connection working first
Options
Tuesday

Hi  @JMo_C137 

JMo_C137 wrote

it is currently wired in and NOT working.. getting wireless to work is a bonus if I get the wired connection working first

LAN2 should work as the IPTV port. If it doesn't work properly, please specify.

Wireless should be properly configuring the VLAN to pass over the traffic to an IPTV stuff.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Tuesday

@JMo_C137 

Have you power cycled your router since you created the above config? (which looks correct to me btw).

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
Yesterday - last edited Yesterday

Hi @d0ugmac1  Yes, I just did a full power cycle, including the PVR as well I tried to swap the vlan number just in case I had them wrong and tried again with the same results. 3 things I should add: 1. When I connect the PVR it attempts to connect (get the this may take 2 minutes screen) before it goes to the WPS screen. 2. I have a suspicion that I am not getting an IP address. is there a way to verify this? 3. the PVR is connected direct to LAN2 on the Gateway. and does not go into the switch.

Options
Yesterday

@JMo_C137 

Jack a laptop into LAN2 and you can see much more easily if it's getting an IP or not.  I wonder if you need to create a new subnet defintion for your IPTV devices...I'm trying to imagine how TPLink may have implemented this is the backend, as the functionality of their gateway ports is less than a managed switch.  So this begs the question of how an IP on one port would be treated differently than a similar IP on another port (specifically, get tagged with the IPTV VLAN ID).  This would be easier to figure out inside the switch, if the devices connected to the IPTV ports were given different IPs from a separate subnet.   If I get a chance, I'll try to mock this up as there seems to be zero documentation on how to do this properly.

Options
Yesterday

@d0ugmac1 

Thanks for the suggestion, I connected a laptop to the LAN2 port on the gateway and there was no IP assigned.

I tried to create a new LAN and assign it DHCP with a new range but it was grayed out for LAN2 (seems when it is set to IPTV it is no longer available).

Is there a way I can tag traffic to the VLAN34 or pass the DHCP info along?

Options
Yesterday

@JMo_C137 

Looks like it's going to be painful.  For a start, it sees you need to spoof your HH3000's MAC address on your WAN interface for IPTV DHCP to work...and it gets uglier from there.

Have a look at this post, it's for pfsense, but you should be able to translate most of it to Omada-ish.

https://www-idscomm-ca/blog/bell-fibe-internet-iptv-with-pfsense

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 124

Replies: 8

Related Articles