DO NOT Upgrade your Tapo C500 camera to firmware version 1.1.4 if you have Kingston SD card!

DO NOT Upgrade your Tapo C500 camera to firmware version 1.1.4 if you have Kingston SD card!

2024-07-01 16:45:20
Tags: #Firmware #C500
Model: Tapo C500  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.4

This is a continuation of a similar thread https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/672894.

I bought 3 Tapo C500 cameras paired with 3 Kingston Canvas Select Plus 128G from BOTH OFFICIAL TP-Link and Kingston Stores.

These SD cards are recommended in their page https://www.tapo.com/ph/faq/111/

2 out of the 3 cameras had an automated update from 1.1.3 to 1.1.4 in where after the update, the kingston sd cards became read-only or bricked.

I have disabled the auto-update on my 1 remaining version 1.1.3 camera.

Imagine a CCTV camera where there's no recording, it's unacceptable.

TP-Link should replace those broken SD Cards!

Options
1 Reply
Re:DO NOT Upgrade your Tapo C500 camera to firmware version 1.1.4 if you have Kingston SD card!
2024-07-04 03:30:50

@C500-Camera 

Device firmware upgrade does not involve any operations on the SD card. The only relevant aspect is that after the upgrade (device reboot), various settings/parameters and status of the camera will be re-detected and updated, such as Wi-Fi connection, cloud connection, software settings update, pan & tilt testing, etc. This process also includes re-detecting the SD card status.

We're sorry to hear about your experience. It is recommended to contact the local TP-Link support team for further assistance. We have recorded this feedback and reported it to the R&D team for analysis. If any factors that could be contributing to this issue are identified, we'll share an update in the community in time.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 366

Replies: 1

Tags

Related Articles