Person and motion detection but no notification and recording
Person and motion detection but no notification and recording
2024-07-21 14:34:48 - last edited 2024-07-26 11:27:09
Model: Tapo C410  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.17

Hallo Community,

I have bought a tapo c410.

my Problem is that it send me no notifications or do not record at person and motion detection.

when I look at the live screen in the app the camera recognize the motion and person and show me the blue label, but it do not send a notification and do not record.

i have at the moment no sd card insert but the test cloud service.

When I go closer to the camera, from 4 m to 3 m it record. Why? It detect it before.

do you have any idea?

regards

sebastian

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Person and motion detection but no notification and recording-Solution
2024-07-24 14:39:53 - last edited 2024-07-26 11:27:09

@Solla-topee 

hallo again,

after all your input and analyzes and resets and regconfig it seems to work correct right now.

i think the issue was from everything a bit.

to far from router, wrong place, and also at the beginning to config the area of watching.

I changed everything now an it seems to work.

i will take care few days at let you know.

thx again

regards

sebastian 

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:Person and motion detection but no notification and recording
2024-07-22 09:08:14

@BayNord 

Hi,
You can refer to the instructions to troubleshoot if the detection feature is not working fine.
Detection Is Not Working On TP-Link Camera

Please help confirm the following information for the reported issue if the above tips do not work.
1. A picture of the camera's Detection page.
2. The Sensitivity you configured for the enabled detection types.
3. Can you share a video showing the reported issue?

Best Regards

Options
2024-07-23 07:47:28

@Solla-topee thx for the input. With the analyzer I found out that I have package loss.

so I split my WiFi from mix mode 5ghz/2,4ghz to one 5ghz and one 2,4ghz but same issue.

the RSSI is -54 so not so bad.

BUT now I found out, when I am in the tapo app go to the analyzer tool I have no package lost.

when I start analyze tool after few minutes wit ought being in the Tapo app I have 100% package loss. If I go to Tapo app again in live view of camera I took few seconds till I have the live view, then I go back to analyze tool no package lost for few seconds and then 100% again.

it looks like camera is going into standby or something

regards

sebastian 

Options
2024-07-23 08:49:57

@BayNord 

Hi, 
Tapo C410 is a battery camera, for the sake of power saving, the camera is usually in a sleep state (low power consumption). It can be woken up when doing some operations on the Tapo app like watching the camera’s live view. And it can also be woken up by the PIR sensor. For detailed information, please refer to the instructions: What is the Wake-up Sensitivity of my battery camera/doorbell?

Since you mentioned you can see the motion and person on the camera's live view page but do not receive notification or have video recorded, the problem may not related to the sleep state.
Please provide the information in the previous thread for further analysis, and you can also try to set a higher wake-up sensitivity on the Tapo app>camera's Device Settings>Detection page if you don't mind.

Best Regards

Options
2024-07-23 13:37:17

@Solla-topee thx again.

I will do deep analyses and send information if I can not solve it.

but one more point.

The camera is looking at my door. When someone arrive it do not send a notification or do recording BUt when the same person leave on the same way camera record and send a notification.

when I look at the recording I just see the way the person is leaving but not arriving.

regards

Options
2024-07-24 09:40:59

@BayNord 

Hi,
The phenomenon you mentioned may be related to the person's motion and the camera's detection feature. As we know, due to the mechanism of the PIR sensors, they may not detect objects moving directly toward the camera to some extent.

Except for the Notification feature, it's recommended to enable the Alarm feature on the Tapo C410 and check if the camera will alarm sound/have a light flashing when detecting an event even if you have not received notifications or do recording. This will help to double-check if the detection feature works.

Best Regards

Options
Re:Person and motion detection but no notification and recording-Solution
2024-07-24 14:39:53 - last edited 2024-07-26 11:27:09

@Solla-topee 

hallo again,

after all your input and analyzes and resets and regconfig it seems to work correct right now.

i think the issue was from everything a bit.

to far from router, wrong place, and also at the beginning to config the area of watching.

I changed everything now an it seems to work.

i will take care few days at let you know.

thx again

regards

sebastian 

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-07-25 07:53:24

@BayNord 

Hi,
Thank you for your attempt and sharing, and please feel free to contact us if there are any updates.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 398

Replies: 7

Related Articles