Votes

Custom Detection Mode

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Tapo app more camera modes needed. Please vote on the main thread.

Votes

Custom Detection Mode

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Tapo app more camera modes needed. Please vote on the main thread.
Custom Detection Mode
Custom Detection Mode
2024-08-12 02:56:07 - last edited 2024-08-22 09:46:07
Tags: #Away Mode #Motion Detection #Custom Detection Mode
Model: Tapo C520WS  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.11

Hi,

We currently have 2 cameras set up with 3 more indoor cameras being delivered soon. 5 cameras all up.

The problem we have is we can't seem to set a custom "detection mode" only home or away mode.

Ideally we would like a sleep mode and also a mode where some cameras are detecting and some are not for when i am working from home.

We have to keep going into each camera and setting them individually which is super annoying and not time efficient.

How do we create custom detection modes? Adding a "group" does not seem to be an option for cameras like they are for plugs and light etc...?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Custom Detection Mode-Solution
2024-08-15 05:51:49 - last edited 2024-08-22 09:46:07

@Neatz 

Hi,
Thank you very much for your feedback. For your request, it's recommended to vote on the thread "Tapo app more camera modes needed".
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Custom Detection Mode
2024-08-13 09:43:18

@Neatz 

Hi, 
You can refer to the instructions below to set up the Home/Away mode on the Tapo app.
How to edit Home and Away Mode for Tapo cameras on the Tapo app?

For example, you can enable some cameras' detection features and disable other cameras' detection features when adding them to the home mode. I think the existing home/away mode can meet your requirements.
If not, please describe your requirements in detail for evaluation.

Best Regards

Options
Re:Custom Detection Mode
2024-08-15 00:28:50

@Solla-topee 

Hi,

unfortunately this doesn't solve my issue.

I want to be able to efficiently set my camera's up not go into them one by one.

At the moment I can set

-Away mode all cameras detecting and notifying

-Home mode all cameras not detecting 1 external camera detecting and notifying.

I want to also set a:

-sleep mode all external camera's detecting and notifying, all internal cameras detecting but not notifying.

- Working from home - Internal cameras not detecting, external camera detecting and notifying.

I will have 5-6 cameras and do not want to have to continuously go into each camera I want to be able to set a custom detection mode for each of our living scenarios?

Options
Re:Custom Detection Mode-Solution
2024-08-15 05:51:49 - last edited 2024-08-22 09:46:07

@Neatz 

Hi,
Thank you very much for your feedback. For your request, it's recommended to vote on the thread "Tapo app more camera modes needed".
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 124

Replies: 3

Tags

Away Mode Motion Detection
Custom Detection Mode