No push notification from Tapo app if app is closed

3 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: Tapo C410  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.17 Build 240524

The C410 detects movements and records clips that I can see in Tapo app, but I don't get any push notification.

I only get a push notification if the app is open, which is not sufficient.

All the notification config on my smartphone is ok: Tapo app has full authorization for notifications.

Clips are recorded on a MicroSD card, no cloud service is activated.

Smartphone is Huawei P20 with EMUI 12.0.0. No info about the actual Android version.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:No push notification from Tapo app if app is closed-Solution

@Solla-topee 

Following the instructions on point 4., I've googled "how-to-turn-off-battery-optimization-on-the-huawei-devices" and it seems to do the trick.

I'll take some days to confirm that it works fine. Meanwhile, thanks for the help.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:No push notification from Tapo app if app is closed
3 weeks ago

@ThomasCollignon 

Hi, 
You can refer to the instructions below to troubleshoot the reported issue.
What to do if I can't receive notifications with the Tapo Cam or have a delayed notification?

Typically, the problem is related to the camera notification settings or your phone's notification settings. Please help confirm the following information for further analysis.
1. When your Tapo app is opened, have you received a push notification on your phone or on the Tapo app>Home tab>Bell icon>camera C410 page?

2. Please go to the camera's Device Settings>Notifications page and send me a picture of this page.

3. If your phone can't receive a notification when the Tapo app is closed, please go to the Tapo app>Home tab>Bell icon>camera C410 page to check if the Tapo app receives all the event notifications properly.

4. Please refer to the instructions below to ensure your phone's notification settings are correct.
Why can’t I receive notifications after turning on Notifications?

Best Regards

Options
Re:No push notification from Tapo app if app is closed-Solution

@Solla-topee 

Following the instructions on point 4., I've googled "how-to-turn-off-battery-optimization-on-the-huawei-devices" and it seems to do the trick.

I'll take some days to confirm that it works fine. Meanwhile, thanks for the help.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:No push notification from Tapo app if app is closed
2 weeks ago

@ThomasCollignon 

Hi,
Thank you for your attempt, and please feel free to reply to us if there are any updates.
Best Regards

Options