Tapo C310 Camera has stopped recording activity suddenly after SD card was full?

Tapo C310 Camera has stopped recording activity suddenly after SD card was full?

2 weeks ago
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.11

Hi All, 

I am a slightly confused as recently (as of 2 days!) my Tapo C310 camera has stopped recording any activity that takes place. 

I can still view all motion through the app as normal, however when you click on recordings there is no data there. 

I did recently get the notification that my Tapo storage is full, however I do have loop recording on and reading other posts on the forum it seems that the recording is meant to overwrite the older recordings and begin recording as normal again.

Please could I have some support on this as it would be much appreciated? 

I have attached an image to show loop recording is on but it says I am only limited to one image. The other image showed rhat "continuous recording" is ticked on the recording schedule. 

Many thanks 

File:
IMG_2454.pngDownload
Options
16 Reply
Re:Tapo C310 Camera has stopped recording activity suddenly after SD card was full?
2 weeks ago

@Sjav_00 

Hi,
Please confirm the following information for the reported case.

1. What's the model number and capacity of your SD card?

2. Please go to the camera's Live View> Playback & Download>Playback>SD card page, select the latest date, and send me a picture of this page.

3. Refer to the instructions below to collect the camera log for further analysis.
How to get the log of Tapo Camera?

If you want the camera to record videos soon, you can try to back up the important video recordings and then format the SD card.

Best Regards

Options
Re:Tapo C310 Camera has stopped recording activity suddenly after SD card was full?
2 weeks ago

@Solla-topee 

Hi, 

1. I purchased a San Disk memory card at the time I installed my camera, I'm not 100% sure of the memory on it but I do believe I purchased either a 128gb or 256gb one at the time. 

2. Please see attached the image as requested. 

3. "you can try to back up the important video recordings and then format the SD card." How can I do this, sorry I'm not very familiar with this. If you could let me know this would be much appreciated! 

File:
IMG_2484.pngDownload
Options
2 weeks ago

@Sjav_00 

Hi,
You can download the video recordings from the SD to your phone(see the below instructions), or remove the SD card from your camera, connect it to your computer via an SD card adapter, and then back up the video recordings on your computer. 
Seamless Video Control: Download and Clip Camera SD Card Videos in Tapo App!

You can go to the Tapo app>camera's Device Settings>Storage & Recording>Local Storage page to format the SD card, or format the SD card on your computer.

Best Regards

Options
2 weeks ago
Hi, I did this earlier and there still seems to be nothing recording? Many thanks 😊
Options
a week ago

@Sjav_00 

Hi, 
Do you mean you have tried to go to the camera's Device Settings>Storage & Recording>Local Storage page to format the microSD card, but the SD card storage still displays full state and no new recordings saved?
Best Regards

Options
a week ago

@Solla-topee 

Hi, 

I did what you initially suggested regarding formatting the SD card so there are no stored recordings held on the card. However nothing is still recording and it has been over one week now

Please could I have some further support regarding this as I really need my CCTV to record so I can access these videos?

Many thanks 

Options
a week ago

@Sjav_00 

Hi, 
1. On the camera's Device Settings>Storage & Recording page:
1) Please ensure the Local Recording is enabled.
2) Go to the Local Storage page and send me a picture of it.
3) Go to the Recording Schedule page and send me a picture of it.
I'll check if the problem is related to the camera settings.

2. Please refer to the instructions below to test the SD card with the H2testw tool and then send me a picture of the test result.
How to Verify Fake Micro SD Cards

Best Regards

Options
a week ago

@Solla-topee 

Hi,

Please see attached the images as requested 😊

Let me know if anything appears incorrect. 

Many thanks

File:
Tapp Schedule.pdfDownload
Options
a week ago

@Sjav_00 

Hi,
If you set the Recording Schedule to record detection recordings, you also need to check if the camera's detection feature is configured successfully.
1. Please go to the camera's Device Settings>Detection page to check what detection types you have enabled, and send me a picture of the detection zones.
2. Please check if the Notifications feature is enabled on the camera's Device Settings page. If so, go to the Tapo app>Home tab>Bell icon at the top right corner>tap your camera, can you see the detection notifications received recently?
Best Regards

Options
Sunday

@Solla-topee 

Hi,

Please see the attached images further to what you requested. 

I'd appreciate it if you could please provide us some solution on how to get the camera to record things again as it is becoming frustrating that it has been over one week now with no resolution in sight. 

The camera was absolutely fine and given the storage card has been formatted and there is space on the SD card now, it should all be recording as usual again. 

Thank you 

File:
Tapo 2 .pdfDownload
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 325

Replies: 16

Related Articles