Cant see my own wifi network when setting up tapo c200 indoor camera

Hace 2 semanas - last edited Saturday
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.9

Hello, I was trying to set up my new tapo c200 cctv indoor camera however I cant see my own wifi network, I tried to research it online and it says I need to reset it, so I did, sadly it didn't work and I still cant see my wifi network, my wifi network isn't even hidden, its on 2.4Ghz and dns is set to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4, I also tried 1.1.1.1/1.0.0.1 but it didn't work, is there anything I can do to fix this? Ive tried so many solutions other than these and it didn't work, hoping to help me asap! Thanks!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Cant see my own wifi network when setting up tapo c200 indoor camera-Solution

@Abdon 

Hi,
You can refer to the instructions to troubleshoot when encountering an issue while setting up the camera.
What should I do if I fail to configure Tapo Camera?

In your case, here are some tips:
1. Tap Recan 2-3 times on the page to select your router's Wi-Fi if you can't see it.
2. If your router's 2.4G and 5G use the same Wi-Fi name, change the 2.4G name to a different one.
3. Change the router's 2.4G Wi-Fi channel to 1, 6, or 11, and check if it helps.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Cant see my own wifi network when setting up tapo c200 indoor camera-Solution

@Abdon 

Hi,
You can refer to the instructions to troubleshoot when encountering an issue while setting up the camera.
What should I do if I fail to configure Tapo Camera?

In your case, here are some tips:
1. Tap Recan 2-3 times on the page to select your router's Wi-Fi if you can't see it.
2. If your router's 2.4G and 5G use the same Wi-Fi name, change the 2.4G name to a different one.
3. Change the router's 2.4G Wi-Fi channel to 1, 6, or 11, and check if it helps.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Cant see my own wifi network when setting up tapo c200 indoor camera
Hace 2 semanas

Hey  @Abdon,

It sounds like you’re having trouble connecting your Tapo C200 indoor camera to your Wi-Fi Network . This issue can sometimes be related to how the device interacts with your network settings. Here are a few suggestions that might help resolve the problem:

1. Check Network Visibility: Ensure that your Wi-Fi network is set to broadcast its SSID. If the SSID is hidden, the camera might not detect it.

2. Network Compatibility: Verify that your Wi-Fi network is compatible with the camera. Most cameras support 2.4 GHz networks, so ensure your network operates on this frequency.

3. Router Settings: Sometimes, router settings such as MAC address filtering or firewall configurations can prevent devices from connecting. Check your router settings to ensure the camera is not being blocked.

4. Firmware Updates: Make sure both your camera and router have the latest firmware updates. Outdated firmware can sometimes cause connectivity issues.

5. Data Management Solutions: For more complex network setups, consider reviewing your data management solutions to ensure they are properly configured for device connectivity. Sometimes issues can arise from network segmentation or improper VLAN configurations, which can affect device visibility.

If you continue to face issues, you might want to consult the camera's user manual or contact the manufacturer's support for further assistance.

Hope this helps!

Best,
Alisa Aine

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 117

Replies: 2

Related Articles