Manual Update of firmware for Tapo C210

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-15 17:17:55
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: ???

Hello,

Just order and receive a new Tapo C210 camera and after I set-up the camera I hit the firmware update button as it was a vew version of firmware available. During this update the camera got disconnected and never return back to functionality ...

Can I fix it with your help or I need to return to the shop from where I bought it, I need this camera but seems that after I search all ove the internet there is no option to fix such problem that can apair during firmware update. To be honest I am afraid to accept a new one in return because if such error can happen and you can't fix the firware by yourself to put the files on SD card and turn on the camera and after to update from the app than it can happen any time and NONE will care if I will have a broken camera when will be out of waranty and during waranty probably will take days to fix such a simple problem ....

In this moment the LED of the camera remain continously RED and can't see the Wi-Fi network anymore to try again installing the firmware ... I tryed reset but there is no effect, it is like the camera have no software now ...

How to fix ?? what to do ???

Thanks for your help!!

Seba

Options
1 Reply
Re:Manual Update of firmware for Tapo C210
2023-05-16 11:35:42

@SebaB 

Hi,
You can refer to the thread below to troubleshoot if your camera has a red light.
What to do if my Tapo Camera gets bricked or doesn't respond to a factory reset?

Best Regards

Options