Issue with smart night mode and vehicle detection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-23 21:18:30
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.5

Hi, im using this IP cam for few days and i noticed that when i turn OFF the motion detection (because im getting milion false alarms) and only leave ON the AI vehicle and person detection Tapo does not change from IR mode to full color mode when a vehicle/person passes, only when motion detection is ON it does work properly. My second issue with this cam is that i cannot see the option to set activity zones for the AI detection stuff like cars and people, Tapo can see in the corner of the screen a public road next to my home and im getting spammed with notification because of this, am i missing something or its not an option?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Issue with smart night mode and vehicle detection
2023-10-24 09:15:19

@szesc9 

Hi,
Please help confirm the following information for your issue.
1. On the Tapo app>camera's Device Settings>Video & Display>Night Mode Settings, have you selected Smart Mode when the Motion Detection is turned off?

2. Have you received the vehicle-detected or person-detected notification after motion detection is turned off and when a vehicle/person passes in front of the camera?

3. Tapo C320WS's activity zone setting applies to the Motion Detection feature only, other detection types have the full-screen activity zone. 
To improve the Detection feature of the Tapo camera, I'll log your usage scenario and forward it to the related team to evaluate.

In your case, you can try to add the privacy zones on the camera's Device Settings>Video & Display>Privacy Zones page, and then the custom privacy zones can't be viewed or monitored.

Best Regards

Options