TC65 camera does not reconnect after power failure

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-27 17:19:47
Model: TC65  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.9

I have a TC65 camera which has been working perfectly well on wifi whilst plugged into a temporary power supply. I unplugged the power supply for a few seconds to move it to the permanent location and the camera did not reconnect with my wifi. It just had a slow blinking red light. I tried to get it to reconnect but, in the end, I had to remove it from the system and add it again as a new device. I may have to cut off its power supply again for a short while and there can always be supply power cuts. Should the camera reconnect automatically after a loss of power or, if not, what is the correct procedure for restoring it?

Options
1 Reply
Re:TC65 camera does not reconnect after power failure
2024-02-28 09:47:55

@eelie 

Hi,

Usually, the Tapo camera will reconnect to the same Wi-Fi network after a power failure. If it does not connect to the same Wi-Fi network, you can try to reboot the router and reboot the camera after the router's Wi-Fi is working.

Best Regards

Options