Deco M9 Plus USB port doesn't work for connecting a hard drive? Wanted to use Apple Time Machine...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M9 Plus USB port doesn't work for connecting a hard drive? Wanted to use Apple Time Machine...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
30 Reply
Re:Re:Re:Deco M9 Plus USB port doesn't work for connecting a hard drive? Wanted to use Apple Time Machine...
2020-09-02 01:24:23

@schafferm Could you please provide a link or any insights on how to get this done? i have Raspebery Pi, it hink gen2 laying around that I can employe

Options
Re:Deco M9 Plus USB port doesn't work for connecting a hard drive? Wanted to use Apple Time Machine...
2020-10-29 11:16:39

@CorvusMagnus 

Really agree, this Deco M9 also not that cheap.Cheaper router also having USB storage.Printing and charging function and this already understood for everyone to have this function for router with usb port.Usb port for charging only is very Silly. 

Options
Re:Deco M9 Plus USB port doesn't work for connecting a hard drive? Wanted to use Apple Time Machine...
2020-11-23 22:29:36
That is very disappointing. Your documentation should specifically state that. A charging port is completely useless. I wanted to connect my drive also.
Options
2020-11-28 16:17:52
I looks to me like it was intended to mislead the buyer. It sure did that to me!!!
Options
2021-02-18 23:53:38 - last edited 2021-02-18 23:53:58

This is a good reason next to missing VPN server feature not to buy your product 

Options
2021-03-14 16:33:46

@Baron this is absolute misguiding and decisiving your users. USB port for charging on a router are you kidding meangry

Options
2021-03-19 22:54:55

The USB port was never marketed as the ability to use it for an external USB device. As mentioned in the initial post it is not even mentioned of being used as a charge port but in that, there was no mention of the purpose other than "reserved".

I understand the frustration in that in viewing a USB on the Deco the assumption would be that an external device would be possible, but for the Deco M9 that is not the case.

Please reach out to our support team to help address any potential questions to avoid any situations of obtaining a device short of expectations.

Options
2022-02-16 18:41:06

I also miss this functionality because, before spreading m9 plus around the house, I had VPN and USB for backup and DLNA.

Options
2022-03-07 12:28:42

@CraigZA hey guys. I had the same thoughts and issue. I was told by the tech guys at TP after I complained, they were hoping it will be actioned going forwards. That's was over two years ago. 

I have Time Capsule too and have just connected as the chap says. Turn off the WIFI on Rime Capsule and connect via Ethernet. 

works fine and backs up as before. Job done. 

Options
2022-03-13 23:32:58

@Tony This is exactly why I'll be going to another router option. It sucks that y'all would sell something so expensive with such limitations.

Options