Multiple issues with new P9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-21 13:24:08
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi - I have a Deco P9 home system that I just purchased this week. The Main Router is connnected to my Cable modem via Ethernet. The Router is connected to a TPLink 16 port switch wich feeds all the wired devices in my home. I have a two MacBook Pros (2016) which are less than 2 feet from the router and connected wirelessly. They are both connected dynamically but I have to constantly disable WiFi and Re-enable WiFi on streaming, and even Chrome/ Safari. Additionally, I cannot get to the web-based management page (tplinkwifi.net) on wireless or hard-wired computers. I have tried disabling IP-6 (link local only) on the MacBooks. I also experience issues with iPhones slowing down tremendously unless I disable WiFi and only use cellular (that happens a lot).

I never had these issues on my previous (NetGear) systems. Please assist!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Multiple issues with new P9
2020-05-21 20:54:52

@JustReboot 

If you were to power down the satellite P9 units do you still experience the same issues you originally described?

Options
2020-05-22 16:04:24 - last edited 2020-05-22 16:06:44

@Tony Not only did I power off the p9s, I actually reset all of them [including the main router] and changed the name /pw of the network (forcing me to rejoin all my devices including the TP outlets, ring etc.

I was willing to go through that, and all was well until this am when the on /off started happening again. This is very frustrating and may require me to return the system and go back to Netgear. I was getting some dead spots with them, but at least the system was solid. Please let m,e know. Again the Macs are less than 5' away from the main router. The one I am on is about 2' away. 

Also all this time the p9 units have stayed solid white - never flashing.

Options
2020-05-22 21:55:33

@JustReboot 

The P9 does not have the ability to access it with a browser yet.

If you are noticing all around slowdown of speeds you may want to connect directly to the modem, look at the modems system logs. Should the logs have critical 3 errors, then your internet signal quality is bad which gives you the poor internet reliability.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1036

Replies: 3

Related Articles