How to connect deco M4 to my existing router as access point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-20 04:02:41
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 2.4.9

Hello guys I'm facing an issue by setting up my deco M4 as access point connecting to my existing router. 

Question1: which port do i have to plug onto my router if i wish to convert my m4 as an access point?

Question2: i will start setting up my m4deco in the app and following all the instructions, however when it comes to detecting the Internet stage, the deco doesn't seems to be able the internet and the light will go solid red and says can't find the network i created, sometimes it will just reset and start over. 

Question3: is it possible for me to setup my m4 as an access point before setting up a network? Everytime the network can't be found or Internet couldn't be connected, even if i switched it to access point mode, it will reset to router mode automatically.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Thank you, Simon

Options
2 Reply
Re:How to connect deco M4 to my existing router as access point
2021-01-20 17:23:57

@Sinonysim 

1. If referencing your router it would be any LAN port or the same you would connect your computer to in order to get an internet connection. On the Deco end, any of the two ports.

2. Have you tried setting up the M4 with it connected to your modem rather than your wireless router?

3. The Deco needs to be set up initially in router mode before it can be changed to access point mode. If your M4 is automatically reverting then that sounds like it may be bad since that is not a function it should do.

Options
Re:How to connect deco M4 to my existing router as access point
2021-01-20 18:08:55
Noted Tony. Thank you for your detailed information, i will try setting it up through my modem instead. Does setting up through a modem makes a difference comparing to the router ? Is there any part of steps i should pay attention to, to avoid any errors
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1595

Replies: 2