Need help using my Deco M9 Plus with my Verizon Fios router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-07 20:02:09
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

I have Verizon Fios with a Quantum Gateway Router (G-1100). I recently purchased the Deco M9 Plus because I was not getting good wifi coverage throughout the house.  I need to keep my Fios Router in the mix because I use Fios TV.

I have tried setting up the Deco as an access point connected to my Fios router's LAN port.  Using that setup my wifi is very unstable and periodically drops and the light on Deco turn solid red.  If I set up the Deco as my primary router connected to my FIOS router's WAN port (so I can get TV) I lose certain FIOS TV services.  I have tried so many configurations and I'm at a loss.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.  Thank you.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Need help using my Deco M9 Plus with my Verizon Fios router
2021-06-16 21:28:40

@rdl50 

If you set up the Deco in router mode, you would still connect to the Verizon LAN port, not the WAN. I would also disable the Wi-Fi on the Verizon device since the Deco will be providing wireless connectivity.

When the Deco turns red, then it is no longer getting any network connectivity. That could be due to the internet no longer be supplied or no longer getting an IP from what it is connected to.

Options
Re:Need help using my Deco M9 Plus with my Verizon Fios router
2021-06-21 17:52:32

Tony wrote

@rdl50 

If you set up the Deco in router mode, you would still connect to the Verizon LAN port, not the WAN. I would also disable the Wi-Fi on the Verizon device since the Deco will be providing wireless connectivity.

When the Deco turns red, then it is no longer getting any network connectivity. That could be due to the internet no longer be supplied or no longer getting an IP from what it is connected to.

@Tony 

Thanks for the response.

In router mode, if I don't connect the Deco the Fios wan port, I will get internet but my TV service will not work.  The only way I am able to get TV service is to connect to the FIOS WAN port. 

I have alreadty disabled Wi-Fi on the Verizon Fios router.

I understand what you are saying with respect to the Deco turning red.  My Fios router still has internet connectivity (if I plug directly into it).  Why would internet no longer be supplied to the Deco or why would the Deco no longer be getting an IP.  Is there something else that needs to be done?

Thank you

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1770

Replies: 2