deco m9 plus with verizon 5g

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-06 04:53:52
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.56 (says latest version)

i'm using the new verizon 5g gateway with my m9 plus.  since it has 3 satellite units, why is the one furthest away from the main satellite and the gateway, not feeding the speed to the furthest part of the house.  it's only a 1900 sq ft house.  i'm getting approx 300mbs everywhere except the last (family) room.  could it be the part of the wall area is brick between the room and deco?  are there any setting changes that can be made?  

see verizon 5g gateway info below.  

https://youtu.be/0GqSmNhN8Vw

Options
2 Reply
Re:deco m9 plus with verizon 5g
2023-01-06 18:00:43

@nerky,

The brick wall will definitely be the factor in this situation as it will absorb to block most signals that try to pass through it, especially for the 5Ghz frequency. The ability to manually select the source of the signal for a deco node is currently being developed and has only been released to a few models so far. A fix could be to potentially move the decos in such a way that the signal will have to travel a lesser distance between nodes and may have better luck going through the brick. 

Also, if the devices are all daisy-chained together in a line, meaning the signal is being forwarded by an extra deco on the way back to the main, there is a much higher chance of the signal being degraded or slowed. Connecting some of the decos with an Ethernet Cable would serve to fix this behavior.

Options
Re:deco m9 plus with verizon 5g
2023-01-06 19:20:05

@Riley_S   @nerky thanks for your reply.  the main deco is attached via ethernet to the vrz home base at one end of the house (best loc for best signal to the vrz 5g), with the 2nd one then in the middle of the house in the liv rm, then the 3rd is at the other end of the house in the fam rm.  is that what you mean my daisy chaining?  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 253

Replies: 2