Using Deco M9 Plus without connection to tplink

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-07 18:57:33 - last edited 2021-08-07 19:00:49
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

I recently set up the Deco M9 Plus (3 units), and was very disappointed I had to make a tplink account to be able to set it up. However, now the mesh network is set up, can I configure it so that it does not need to talk to tplink servers anymore? If it makes a difference, I have configured the units to be in Access Point mode. For example, when logging into the web interface, it asks for my tplink account password - can I change that to be just a local password so the device does not need to contact tplink for me to manage it? Having a device that requires "phoning home" to tplink servers to function is a non-starter for me.

If it is impossible for Deco units to function without talking to tplink servers, is there a different tplink mesh product that lets me have full local control over my own network without talking to tplink servers in any way?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 297

Replies: 0