Ethernet backhaul on Deco M90 Plus not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-04 15:57:29
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.2

I've set up 3 Deco M90 Plus around my house in router operation mode. The main Deco is wired to my telecom modem (which is in bridge mode), while the other Decos are using wireless backhaul. Everything works nicely, though I want to use ethernet backhaul on the Deco on my 2nd floor because an ethernet cable is nearby available and wifi source signal is a bit poor there.

When I plug the ethernet cable in nothing happens... the signal source is still showing the wifi signal of the main deco on the first floor, it's not showing the ethernet symbol. I tried using a different ethernet port on the Deco and a different ethernet cable doesn't help either. There is no switch in my entire configuration either.

Does anyone have an idea what might be wrong in my configuration and what can solve this making the ethernet backhaul work? Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Ethernet backhaul on Deco M90 Plus not working
2022-01-05 02:48:01 - last edited 2022-01-05 02:49:33

@timcl 

Hi, Have you tried to connect a laptop to the Ethernet port near the 2nd floor and confirmed this Ethernet port is in good condition?

And as for the Ethernet connection here, the front end is directly plugged into the main Deco, right?

Some users shared a built-in wired network system before and could you please help me check whether it is quite like yours:

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 313

Replies: 1