Router loses connection seemingly on random [AX1500]

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-27 06:06:39 - last edited 2022-05-27 06:08:07
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: v1.2

ISP: OOREDOO

LED_STATUS: INTERNET: AMBER

router lists its hardware version as 1.2 

Our AX1500 loses connectivity seemingly on random. When I log into the web interface, it says that there's no internet. 

I can fix it by clicking the release and renew button, but it loses connectivity again (works for max. 2 days).

I've resetting it to no avail. Also, it has worked PERFECTLY for many months before that. Just randomly started disconnecting one day (I haven't logged in for months).

Also, when the connectivity is lost, the eth. cable works on my laptop.

Contacted the ISP and they said everything's fine on their side.

I've noticed that when my router decides to lose connectivity, and I go to its login page (192.168.1.1), it displays the normal "Cyan/Blue UI", but if I visit 192.168.0.1, it displays the login page for a "TL-MR3420" in the "Green UI". Very strange behaviour. Why would it display the login page for an entirely different model, only when the connectivity is lost.

All my devices are connected over WiFi.

Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Router loses connection seemingly on random [AX1500]
2022-05-30 09:38:54

Hello @AXRouterUser 

Thank you for posting on the TP-Link Community.

Can you confirm if there is an MR3420 connected to the AX1500 network, wired or wirelessly? If you are not sure, it's suggested to change the wireless password of the AX1500 to a different one to disconnect all connections, you can connect back on your own devices.

Regarding the internet disconnection issue on the AX1500, can you please confirm if the AX1500 is connected to the ISP modem directly? Who is your ISP? What is the WAN Connection Type on the AX1500? It's suggested to go through the troubleshooting suggestions listed here, then report back with detailed information if the issue persists.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 390

Replies: 1

Related Articles