TV loses WiFi Connection

TV loses WiFi Connection

TV loses WiFi Connection
TV loses WiFi Connection
2023-12-08 20:09:56
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.6 Build 20231130 rel.36135(5553)

I have a Samsung Smart TV which, for the past several months, won't connect to my WiFi SSID when turning on. The TV is about 40 feet from the router with no obstructions and the signal is consistently strong. I can manually connect the WiFi, but that is time-consuming. Once the connection is made, it remains connected until the TV is shut off, then it won't reconnect without manually setting up the WiFi.

Samsung tech support advised to reset the TV the factory settings, which I've done twice. They advised this could be an issue with the router, though I have several other clients using the router with no issues. 

Hoping someone knows a setting on the router I can check. Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TV loses WiFi Connection
2023-12-11 22:13:04

@Shaul,

Hmm, I cannot think of anything in particular that would provide an immediate fix for this since it could be caused by so many factors. Here are a few things you could experiment with to see if it will help:

You may consider setting an ARP Binding or IP-MAC Binding for your TV. This may help by simply providing the TV with the same IP each time it connects.

Consider attempting to toggle the setting for TWT in your router settings, as this is the setting that deals with 'asleep' connections - however the battery life of wi-fi devices may decrease with TWT turned off.

Lastly, you may consider disabling Smart Connect and using the same network name for both the 2.4 GHz and 5GHz network. You may even consider troubleshooting with different names to see if the behavior happens when connecting to a specific band each time.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 146

Replies: 1

Related Articles