M9 Deco with Verizon Internet Gateway

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-25 18:00:24
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.6 Build 20211018 Rel. 35617

I have been using my Deco with an Arris SB6183 modem for a year now. I have reserved IP addresses, port forwarding, and TP-Link DDNS set up for an IP webcam. This all works great. I am test driving Verizon Wireless internet. I have a Verizon Wireless Internet Gateway/Router. I am trying to figure out how to get the port forwarding and DDNS working again. I know that the DDNS needs to point to my new IP address (due to the change in ISP), but I think that I also have some issues with the Verizon Gateway.

Are these two separate issues? I don't see anywhere in the Deco app where I can get the DDNS to update to my new IP address. Perhaps the Deco does this automatically when it is running.

I have read about the possibility of setting the Verizon gateway to "Passthrough" mode where it will essentially be a modem, but I cannot get it figured out. Has anyone done this?

Options
1 Reply
Re:M9 Deco with Verizon Internet Gateway
2022-07-26 07:31:15 - last edited 2022-07-26 07:31:57

@Scout 

Hi, The DDNS will automatically update when it is running.

When you use Verizon Internet Gateway, there are two routers. In other words, you will have double NAT. If you still want to access the IP webcam, you might need to open the same port on the Verizon Internet Gateway for Deco as well.

Or if the Verizon Internet Gateway also supports DNS, you could put Deco into Access point mode-How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode to get rid of the double NAT issue, then we only need to open port for IP webcam on the Verizon internet Gateway.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 721

Replies: 1

Related Articles