Google not controlling TP-Link Kasa switches remotely

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-15 18:53:55
Model: EP10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.2

I have a number of the EP10 in the house controlling lamps.  I had an extended outage of access to internet.  Home LAN was still up.

When internet was restored the EP10 are no longer controlled from Google by voice commands.  The EP10 can be controlled from the KASA app on my mobile phone.

Also, the EP10 cannot be controlled remotely when using just mobile data.

I have been unsuccessful and tried to relink TP-Link items to Google.  Google relinks but doesnt show the TP-Link Kasa link in the top of Google Home app.

I have reset EP10 to factory and reconfigured with normal setup.

Google is recognizing command for Kasa light switches and Google minis. Just the EP10 that dont work

Options
1 Reply
Re:Google not controlling TP-Link Kasa switches remotely
2023-01-16 07:33:08 - last edited 2023-01-16 07:33:37

Hello  @SDFrey 

It's a good step to check if the plug can be controlled remotely when using the mobile data. 

From your description, the EP10 plug maybe offline from the cloud due to some reasons, you can try to reboot the plug by unplugging it and plugging it back in and see if that helps.  If still the same, may I know the MAC address of your smart device via PM to check the status of the smart device? Thank you. 

Options