Archer TX55E adapter keeps disconnecting from AX1800 router then unable to search for networks

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer TX55E adapter keeps disconnecting from AX1800 router then unable to search for networks

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-03 03:52:15
Tags: #Archer TX55E

I have an Archer TX55E network adapter. I've used it with no problems since 9/2022. I only use my desktop computer for browsing and gaming. Yesterday I booted my computer up and was about to do some browsing when I had to go help my son with something. I was gone for maybe an hour and when I returned I noticed my computer disconnected from my router. When I tried to reconnect it did not list my router, nor any neighbors routers in "Available Networks". I rebooted my PC and the networks were available again, and I was able to reconnect to my router. Today, I noticed it did the same thing after I booted my computer up and then I went to get my kids ready for bed; I came back and my adapter had disconnected from my router, and I had to reboot before it would let me see my network and reconnect. I went through my Windows Update history and it appears Windows updated something called "Intel - net - 22.160.0.4" yesterday, and "Intel - net - 22.200.0.6" today. The latter numbers match the driver version for my network card in Device Manager. Did Windows screw up my Adapter drivers? How do I fix this without further destabilizing my Network Adapter? I just turned off the power saving option (Allow Windows to turn off this device when not in use) in the adapter options, so I'll see if that does anything. Thanks y'all.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer TX55E adapter keeps disconnecting from AX1800 router then unable to search for networks
2023-02-03 06:20:31

@Glennyrd 

It seems the Intel driver updated automatically on your Windows, and that might be the cause of the issue you're experiencing.

You can try rolling back to the previous version to observe if the connectivity gets restored. 

How to Roll Back Driver Updates on Windows 11

BTW, can we have the specific model of the router that you are connecting this PC to? Can you share us photo of the motherboard info of the Windows computer also? You can find that by referring to this FAQ.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 509

Replies: 1

Tags

Archer TX55E