IoT network issue on Deco X55

IoT network issue on Deco X55

32 Reply
Re:IoT network issue on Deco X55
2024-06-05 00:49:03 - last edited 2024-06-05 00:49:47

Just jumping into this thread with interest.  Thanks to everyone for sharing...  

Coming at this with 25 years of networking background, so, yeah, was 100% floored to understand that the IoT "network" does little (if anything) to isolate / block / firewall devices for each other. Kinda the entire point. I had 100% assumed it would, just like the GUEST network...  so, the Product Owner really needs that feedback..

the "Isolate Devices" is a reasonable workaround (although, I can't find a way to remove a device from this list, am I missing this basic function?)

I would 2nd (or 3rd or 5th) calling this an "IoT SSID" (not a network) and being clear that it only provides a new SSID / Password, nothing else (unless you manually implement device isolation).

Could you also check on why there is no way to remove a MAC address for the device isolation list for M5's? That seems really basic, right?

Options
Re:IoT network issue on Deco X55
2024-06-05 12:00:06

Never mind my "how to remove devices for. Isolation list" question. You just swipe left!  I'm getting old. Doh!

Options
Related Articles