Deco X60 - devices not retaining connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-30 19:56:32
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 Build 20210303 Rel. 33530

I've been using my Deco X60 for a few years and it's been solid and stellar. (Note: I'm not sure what hardware version I'm on; when I'm on my firmware page in a web browser it says X60(1.0) so I'm guessing V1??) My wifi network is a mix of 5GHz and 2.4GHz devices, so I can't turn 2.4 off. I have Deco set to WPA2 security.

Lately, I have been noticing that some of my devices (e.g. newer iPhones and iPads) have been falling off the wifi network. They will revert to cell service, and when I go to their Settings > Wifi, I do see my Deco wifi network listed there under My Networks, and if I touch it, it prompts me to re-enter the password (which is bizarre, since the device has the password saved). When I re-enter the password, the device connects to it properly. But then hours, or a day later, it doesn't connect, and it forces me to re-enter the password again.

This is now happening chronically across several devices. Plus, I just got a new iPhone in my house, and it completely refuses to connect to the Deco wifi. After I enter the wifi password, it just gives me the spinning progress wheel, but never connects.

What do I do? Is my Deco failing? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco X60 - devices not retaining connection
2023-05-01 22:15:30

Hey  @altoidboy,

I would first look at the private addressing settings on your phone for your network. If it is enabled, your deco may not be recognizing the device when its reconnecting and roaming. While this doesn't explain the device not connecting at all, it is still worth checking.

Try forgetting the network from the list of known networks, as it could be trying to use older saved credentials, rather than saving the new ones you entered. 

Lastly, try rebooting your Deco network, as this will help to clear any settings that may be preventing the device from reconnecting.

Also, if you do believe that your main node is failing, you may always try to swap the main node for a satellite and then set that node as the main - this could help determine if the behavior is limited to that specific node.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 141

Replies: 1

Related Articles