Archer AXE95 intermittent latency spikes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-05 17:45:33 - last edited 2023-05-05 17:46:47
Model: Archer AXE95  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20230310

After installing my Archer AXE95 I have noticed a lot of intermittent latency spikes when gaming. It almost feels like it loses connection temporarily and can last anywhere from 5-15 seconds. Sometimes I can game for hours no issues and other times I will get them every few minutes. Recently It has been happening at a more frequent pace. I switched back to my older router and no issues. I checked the router logs and I do not see anything out of the ordinary. I am not sure if any one else has reported issues with this model or not. It has the latest firmware according to the website. I am also connected through hard wire. This is not a wireless setup

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer AXE95 intermittent latency spikes
2023-05-06 05:58:02

@NotoriousRKB 

Have you done ping tests on the router web management page we well as from the desktop? What are the results?

You may refer to this story to do the ping tests and show us the ping results, then we can check if those are normal.

1. Ping a public IP address like 8.8.8.8 on the router web.

2. Ping the router IP on the desktop PC and ping a public IP like 8.8.8.8 again on the desktop.

BTW, how long is the cable between the desktop and the AXE95?

Options
2023-05-08 04:49:38

@Kevin_Z 

I have done ping tests and they look just fine. In order to properly test I may have to alt-tab from my game when its happening and run a ping test. And to be honest the issue only happens when I have this router in. My old router does not do this so its 100% the hardware or a setting in software that is doing this.

Options
2023-05-08 11:48:31

@NotoriousRKB 

Fully understand how frustrating that would be. Would you like to analyze this further with our senior engineers? I believe they would be happy to assist further.

If you're willing to follow it up, please check your registered email box and reply to the email. Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 348

Replies: 3

Related Articles