No internet ONLY on wifi (wired ok)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-12 16:59:44 - last edited 2023-05-12 17:27:14
Model: Archer AX1800   Archer A20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.5 Build 20211231 rel. 64080

I have an AX1800 router connected to my Xfinity modem.  Works great, no problems.  

I have an Archer A20 in my study connected by Ethernet to the AX1800 router.  The A20 runs in access point (AP) mode.  

Until a few days ago, all connections to the AP were  great both through wifi and wired. But starting a couple of days ago ONLY wired connection works. That is, if I try to connect to the AP over wifi (tried both computer and tablet), there's no internet connection--appears that no IP address is assigned by the router. But, with a computer connected by Ethernet to the AP, internet access is fine--I get 400Mbps on speedtest. 

The front panel internet light of the AP is also yellow. 

What I've tried so far:

• factory reset of the access point
  • replacing the Archer A20 access point with an A7 and still same behavior.
  • "Forget the network" and try connecting again, no luck. 
  • I've tried static vs dynamic IP addressing for the AP to no avail.

What could be going on with the router? The DHCP server can't have run out of addresses  since there're about 30 odd devices connected.   I'm at a total loss.  

Any help greatly appreciated.  Thank you.  

Options
3 Reply
Re:No internet ONLY on wifi (wired ok)
2023-05-12 17:26:59 - last edited 2023-05-12 17:27:48

Ok must have been a bug in the AX1800. I toggled the access control and IP/MAC binding settings and it started working. So frustrating. Am reporting so that the next guy can try this “fix.” 

Options
2023-05-17 07:43:24

@Ssm123 

I wonder you disable Access Control and IP&MAC Binding on the AX1800 or enable?

Basically, neither the access control nor IP&MAC Binding will only affect the wireless connection of the AP. But I cannot say that for sure.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-05-17 13:07:04

@Liverpool20 yep, in theory that would be true.  

That's why I think it's a firmware issue.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 340

Replies: 3

Related Articles