XE5300 Decos ignoring Network Connections - Lag while gaming

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-18 05:28:17 - last edited 2023-06-18 05:37:45
Model: Deco XE5300  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20230601 Rel. 58453

I was very excited to see the feature release that put Connection Preferences on the options with the previous release 1.1.1 Build 20230327 Rel. 54700

Lag from gaming was severe before this update as my computer kept changing decos from the close one in the living room up to the upstairs office, even though it was a far better signal closer. I had to shut off the other 2 decos while gaming to keep it from doing this. 

After updating, I was able to assign every device where to connect and which channel to use, disable mesh, and it stabilized my network much better. The computer still had issues if it ever connected to another deco unit, but so long as I kept it connecting to the main deco, it was able to maintain that connection and not roam.

When I saw the recent build release that added an IOT network, even better! I could move all my smart switches, echos, and smart plugs to this network, set it to 2.4 ghz, use the main connection as 5 ghz only, where only my phone and computer used it. I thought this might stabilize the system even more.

Unfortunately... since this update, nothing obeys the Connection Preferences to pick which deco to use. They remain on the right ghz for the most part.... though my tv somehow roams to the 5ghz channel even though it does not have the network name in it, and never has!

Also because of this roaming issue, my phone gets a terrible echo on the other side of the line when it's on wifi, which is a problem as my area's cell phone signal is poor to none, so I rely on wifi calling.

Now, my computer constantly roams everywhere again, ignoring the preferences.

I've of course done everything I can. I've reset the satellite decos, then the main deco, reprogrammed the whole network, switched which deco was main to see if it had the older firmware, and tried to downgrade the firmware (failed). Nothing seems to work. So I'm back to shutting down the satellite decos so I can do my gaming until a fix comes out.

Please fix this or offer advise how I can make the system work again! It was working so well!

Options
3 Reply
Re:XE5300 Decos ignoring Network Connections - Lag while gaming
2023-06-20 10:45:02 - last edited 2023-06-20 10:54:31

@nightelfcrawler 

Hi, welcome to the community.

I might need to follow up on your case via email. Please check whether you could get an email from us later.

At the same time, could you please reply to the email with the following information:

1. Can I have some pictures of the network map and signal source on the Deco APP, such as:

2. How many online clients do you have separately on the main network and IOT network?

• Could you please also add the model numbers of the clients that constantly roam among Decos?

Thank you very much.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-06-20 21:14:55

@David-TP 

Absolutely, happy to help!

772e306b30074136b4548a8397be0a5e

I have usually 2-4 clients on the main network. 

2 - Laptops wired during the day

1 - Laptop wireless when not wired / after hours

1 - Android phone wireless all the time

Everything roams the decos at this point both on main and iOT. I set them to choose a particular deco, and they all ignore it and roam instead, despite having mesh turned off, and the connection preferences set to where I want them. 

When they do roam it causes massive lag on the devies that stream (phone echos and computer lags during gaming). When they were not roaming it was fairly steady.

The laptops are a Thinkpad and MSI Raider

The phone is a samsung Galaxy S21

The iOT Devices are everything from Amazon Echo Dots, Ring cameras, Wemo Smart plugs, Vizio TV, Roku Streaming devices, Nest thermostats and smoke detectors, and some wireless lightbulbs. If you want models of everything that will take me some time to gather. But it is everything on the networks that roam, no matter if it's on the IOT or the Main network. They all ignore connection preferences where they did not ignore them on the previous version of firmware.

Options
2023-08-14 18:07:43

@David-TP 

Just checking in to see if there has been any movement towards a patch to fix these issues? I'm tempted to return the whole setup at this point since I cannot use these features due to this update. Would love to just roll it back but seems that is not possible?

Just hoping for an update!

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 564

Replies: 3

Related Articles