Updating Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Updating Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Updating Deco
Updating Deco
2023-07-01 12:25:02
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 Build 20210121 Rel. 54042

Hi there,

I have V1 of the Deco X60.  I recently upgraded to gigabit fiber service, but am only getting Speedtests around 200 mb/s.  I have adjusted the QoS to allow the proper speeds, but still getting slower speedtests.  I was wondering if it was possible to buy a single node of more recent version of a Deco and use it as the main router and use the old X60 as nodes.  Would that solve my bandwidth problems?  I am also hoping that this would allow me to set up a VPN server, as this feature is not available on the V1 of the X60 (but I understand it has been enabled on V3).

Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Updating Deco
2023-07-04 09:32:44

@Stevesmirk 

Hi, welcome to the community.

A new version of Deco, for example, Deco X60 V3 will allow you to set up a VPN server. But it might not help with the bandwidth.

Are you able to connect a laptop via Ethernet cable to the fiber modem/ONT to see how much speed on the laptop?

Please also replace a new Ethernet cable to see whether it helped improve the speed.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options