X55 Pro (3-pack) crazy speed drop after update.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-26 05:26:10
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version: V16
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20230613 Rel.34232

Everything worked great for 2 days after purchase. Got solid 900mbps wired and wireless speed (backhaul) from every pod. Until today. Update was installed and now speed dropped to 80mbps wired/wireless. Spent whole day with tech support, no solution. What's interesting is that main deco still has 900 wifi speed, but when wired only 80. 2nd and 3rd deco 80 mbps. Tried everything including switching main deco, hard reset all 3, nothing works. 

I was trying to downgrade firmware,but it doesn't let me because latest firmware installed. Is there a chance to downgrade? Everything worked great before update.

Options
2 Reply
Re:X55 Pro (3-pack) crazy speed drop after update.
2023-07-27 02:50:15

@sgulyan 

Hi, welcome to the community.

The firmware downgrade might need to be done via firmware recovery. I see your case has been forwarded to our engineers already.

Maybe we could check whether they had any other workaround. If not, the engineer could also help you downgrade the firmware.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:X55 Pro (3-pack) crazy speed drop after update.
2023-08-21 22:13:29

@sgulyan 

I'm having this same issue.   After updating my firmware to 1.2.7 Build 20230620 REL 31797, all three of my X55 Deco's are seeing a SEVERE drop off in throughput.   Testing on wired network produces accurate upload/download speed through my router, however the moment you switch to wireless connectivity (after optimization, etc.), the speed drops off, by approximately 90%.

A complete reboot of all three decos, seems to temporarily improve speed, but that is short lived, and within hours the throughput is again reduced to about 90% of what the bandwidth should be.

I'd like to downgrade my firmware, to get back to a stable/useable wireless network.

Thank you.

Options