Home Wifi question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Home Wifi question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Home Wifi question
Home Wifi question
2023-10-23 16:28:04
Model: Archer AXE75  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Good day,

My house is currently being built and I requested the eletrcitan to run cat6 cables to where I think I would need them. I want to set up wireless Ceiling mounted APs with a centralized Demarc location where I will host my modem, router and switch.

I am looking into purchasing a TP Link AXE75 router as my main router and then looking to pruchase 2 EAP610 V2 APs as my wireless APs.

My question(s) is this:

Would this setup require an controller OC200? Or can I plug everything into a PoE switch and the router will be able to manage the two APs?

I would want seamless roaming so there is no disconnect between the two APS along with the main router.

If not, Would someone be able to provide what I would need to make this work?

My goal is to have whole house covered with wifi (House is 2 floors not including basement where networking closet will be. About 2050 sq feet) and to have seamless roaming.

Any help is great!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Home Wifi question
2023-10-23 18:33:49

@Rafal-L,

Alright theres going to be a lot to break down here.

First, EAP610s require an Omada Controller for Management and Meshing - 610s would work, but you may look at our new consumer grade AP. If you are still considering the EAP610s you would likely want to buy completely into the Omada Ecosystem.

As it is for a home and not an office, you may want to consider a more Mesh-Forward setup. For example, Deco offers ceiling-mounted PoE nodes, and you should have a more seamless roaming experience when using a Deco Mesh system, since it supports additional roaming protocols. Saying that, the management options for Deco are less comprehensive than would be available on an Omada Controller or even an Archer, as it is supposed to be an all-in-one experience. 

Archer Routers offer EasyMesh and OneMesh technologies, however wired backhauls are not widely supported yet. This is the equivalent for Archer routers where one interface can help manage all the APs on the network.

Overall, I would recommend configuring your home with Decos unless you are planning on running your own DHCP or DNS services - and even then, many common services can now be configured to work with a Deco Network.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 233

Replies: 1

Related Articles