I need help with Port Forwarding

2024-02-15 06:53:12 - last edited 2024-02-15 06:55:04
Model: TP-Link Routers  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am trying to set up a Minecraft server and everything in that department went well, but my friend still can not join. I've narrowed the problem to be with my port forwarding most likely. I thought I set up port forwarding, but when I use a port forward tester, it still says the port is closed. So between that and everything else seeming to be working completely fine, I think it has to do with that.

I know that others need to use your public IP to join your server (I have a Dynamic IP, not a Static one, but I messed around with some DNS software and I think I fixed it) So when I went to my IP's website and found port forwarding under NAT Forwarding, I began to fill out the information.

I put DNS for the device even though I wasn't completely sure what that meant. I put my IPv4 for the remote address. I put 25565 (Minecraft port) for both the external and internal ports. Then I put All for the protocol. It didn't ask me to save or apply changes but when I refreshed my thing was still there. I'm really stumped as to what the problem is. If anyone can help me it would be much appreciated.

Options
2 Reply
Re:I need help with Port Forwarding
2024-02-15 12:09:37

@SGEKids 

Regarding configuring your router for a Minecraft server follow this thread.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:I need help with Port Forwarding
2024-02-15 23:43:57

@SGEKids

Also I power cycle the router after changes as some may not change until you do.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 120

Replies: 2

Related Articles