Why is there no option to “bind to node” for client devices???

3 weeks ago
Model: Archer BE550  
Hardware Version: V8
Firmware Version: 1.0.7 Build 20240119 rel.56399

Spent $600 on two BE550's for my home. I have a router in my basement, and on the second story. These work great but lack advanced features needed to properly administer my home network.

my previous routers were ASUS. I had the option to bind clients to a specific node as clients did not always choose the best one. For instance, I have a chromecast in my living room and for whatever reason it loves the basement router. There's a strange issue where the signal isn't the best to the basement AP so I've always just bound the device to up upstairs router and had no issues. 

after setting up the new, shiny, immaculent WiFi-7 routers, I noticed this very simple feature is not present. The only option I have is to hard wire the chrome cast to a router to fix the issue. This is insane. Can a firmware update please fix this? Really not looking to hook my old ASUS routers back up but I can't even stream 4k media on my chromecast as the signal isn't good enough. I get 1gig up and down for speeds.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Why is there no option to “bind to node” for client devices???
3 weeks ago

@Bwall 

While this is more like feature request that can be filed here:

a3793d218e6b45dba17b3e4da8a8d9e1

you can try the following to improve your wireless connection preference - change transmit power of your (2.4 or 5) Ghz radio band:

7af64e7b04c04e7f8f8b28d8f0d11dd5

Make some tests and see if there's any improvement on chrome cast wireless connection preference.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options