Can I Use An Alternative Port for WAN on my TP-Link Archer AX6000?

2024-07-17 18:48:19
Model: TP-Link Routers  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Archer AX6000 1.3.2 Build 20230906 rel.52143(5553)

Hey there!

My WAN port on my router got destroyed by a lightning strike, but the other ports on the router work fine. The issue is that I can no longer connect to the internet.

Is there a way for me to modify which port should be used as the WAN port.

I've had the ability to do that when installing OpenWRT firmware on other router hardware before. The reason I don't want to install OpenWRT on this router is because OpenWRT doesn't work properly with the broadcom chipset.

I can't seem to find a way in the TP-Link admin interface to set an alternative WAN port.

Note that I'm an advanced user and a software developer so I'm not afraid to try crazy stuff. Also I'm not worried about voiding my warranty since it's essentially trash if I can't work around the WAN port anyway.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can I Use An Alternative Port for WAN on my TP-Link Archer AX6000?
2024-07-18 01:07:03 - last edited 2024-07-18 01:07:50

@Zicklag 

Do not know of anyway to use the other ports on this router. If it were me, I would open it up and see if there is something I could fix or replace. Might be just a solder joint that was damaged. If it is something else that shows damage,  maybe I would try to replace a part or two. What is there to lose?

First be sure the modem is okay by connecting a pc to it. Also check to see if you just lost the ip between the modem and router. Power off both modem and router and unplug both for 10 min, plug in the modem, power on, wait 2 min, plug in router, and power it on. Test it. 

let us  know if you fix it.

Options