Deco Xe75 Pro no dedicated 6ghz backhaul option

Deco Xe75 Pro no dedicated 6ghz backhaul option

38 Reply
Re:Deco Xe75 Pro no dedicated 6ghz backhaul option
2024-08-14 16:41:50

If Deco is intent on disabling 6GHz dedicated backhaul, I wish they'd at least have the courtesy of informing their customers.

The dedicated backhaul option was a significant factor in my decision to scrap my Google WIFI mesh and replace it with 5 Deco XE75 devices.  

The 6GHz DEDICATED BACKHAUL was working oh so well in my 2000 sq ft single level home.  All mesh devices are in line-of-sight of each other with at worst case a single interior wall between them.  My overall performance was great.

I updated to firmware version 1.2.9 this morning, and could not find the option to designate 6GHz as a dedicated backhaul.

If Deco thinks it is unwise to use the 6GHz backhaul then just say so.  Don't just impose your judgement on all your users!!!!  That is NO WAY to treat users!

How about an option to choose 2.4, 5, or 6GHz for the dedicated backhaul!  That way we (the users) have our own choice of how we want our network to operate!

PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP! 

Signed:  One very upset and disillusioned user!

Big John

Options
2024-08-14 16:58:13 - last edited 2024-08-14 17:01:44

@Hawk521 

Many users are upset about the same issue. This was also the biggest deciding factor for me to purchase this system. Yes they stripped the feature, and tech support just acts dumb about it. Or are dumb about it. What's crazy is if you look at the specs and features of this system now, it no longer advertises the backhaul as a feature. Now it only states Ethernet backhaul. Why they couldn't let us know is a mystery. Maybe prior false advertising would be an issue. This is the last product from TP Stink that I will ever purchase. The reason I even went for this system is I had purchased their Wi-Fi 6 Wi-Fi extenders to use with an expensive Wi-Fi 6 router of theirs and could never get the one-mesh to work. Their tech support couldn't figure that one out either, even after it being "escalated to their engineering department" and many screenshots sent to them. I guess the lower cost of their products isn't worth the headaches of dealing with inferior hardware and cruddy software control. Lesson learned 

Options
2024-08-14 18:53:26

@WrenchinForLife 

Well, since I am "all in" with five (5) of the Deco XE75 units, I may have to ride out this issue while they contemplate the direction Deco intends to go.

I still have my Google WIFI Mesh units (3 of them) that I can fall back to when I get totally fed up with Deco.  They ARE NOT LISTENING to their users!

I will allow a bit of time to see if they are responsive to having shot themselves in the foot!

Whoever at Deco thought unilaterally disabling the 6GHz backhaul feature would go unnoticed ought to find another line of work.  And to do this without 

"owning it" by explaining their rationale to those of us who bought in to their marketing of the backhaul feature is unfathomable and irresponible.

At this point I totally regret ever purchasing a Deco TP-LINK wifi device.  And would caution others to be very wary of anything DECO TP-LINK claims in its promotional statements.

SHAME ON YOU DECO!   If you don't know any better than to do this kind of thing, then you ought not be in the technology marketplace at all.  You will certainly

never get another dime from me.  I'm 75 years old and have worked in IT for 55+ years!   Have never seen any company act this irresponibly in all that time.

HERE'S AM IDEA:  If you don't think the 6GHz backhaul is a good idea, how about give us the choice of 2.4, 5, or 6GHz?  Or allow us the option to let each device automatically select an optiomal backhaul method.  What would be wrong with that?  And you can caution users that 6GHz backhaul might not work well if spread to far apart or if there is a wall or two between units.  At least that way users have options!   Your latest firmware has removed all options.  I object strongly to that!

FIX IT DECO - NOW!!!!!!!!!!    I (and many others) eagerly await your next firmware release in the hope that you have come to your senses!!!

-Hawk521

Options
2024-08-14 19:23:17

Hello All,

I am pretty sure this was not removed.... if you look on the web interface, so long as you have a 6GHz network turned OFF, the 6GHz is used as the dedicated backhaul, and this shows up under the network summary.

Am I the one confused?

R

Options
2024-08-14 20:49:13

Rhyalus wrote

Hello All,

I am pretty sure this was not removed.... if you look on the web interface, so long as you have a 6GHz network turned OFF, the 6GHz is used as the dedicated backhaul, and this shows up under the network summary.

Am I the one confused?

R

@Rhyalus  No, you are correct, however, this is not listed anywhere and can not actually be confirmed visually through either the web UI or the Deco App any longer as they have removed any control or status indication from both without any warning or documentation. Its basically a "trust us" scenario when it should have just stayed how it was previously.

Options
2024-08-14 20:58:44

@Rhyalus 

Wow that is new. Must be a recent change. When this thread started the value for that simply showed up as off. So I'm guessing maybe they're working on it after enough complaints? I needed to change the browser to view in desktop mode to be able to see the page correctly on my phone. If it is indeed working again they need to do an app update to show that in the app again. 

Dumb question but it shows "enable: dedicated backhaul" Some may take that as you need to enable the 6ghz to turn on that function? Or do you? 🤯

Options
2024-08-14 21:31:29 - last edited 2024-08-14 21:31:53

WrenchinForLife wrote

@Rhyalus 

Wow that is new. Must be a recent change. When this thread started the value for that simply showed up as off. So I'm guessing maybe they're working on it after enough complaints? I needed to change the browser to view in desktop mode to be able to see the page correctly on my phone. If it is indeed working again they need to do an app update to show that in the app again. 

Dumb question but it shows "enable: dedicated backhaul" Some may take that as you need to enable the 6ghz to turn on that function? Or do you? 🤯

@WrenchinForLife  Yeah, I dont see anything that says backhaul at all anymore. I see this:

6c4065fd7df540669522b9effc8c619b

Options
2024-08-14 22:01:11

@dustindh10 

5b0f7b8213fc4e2c946461a234da6640 Caption

Options
2024-08-14 22:04:20

@dustindh10 

Firmware 

1.2.9 Build 20240724 Rel. 39578

Maybe reboot? 

Options
a week ago

@dustindh10 Purchased 3x Deco XE75 Pro after moving to a new home.  Initially set them up with wireless backhaul until I had flood wired the house.

All cables in place now and Decos connected up directly and worked as expected for around 12 hours, now the app repeatedly shows the APs failing back to Wireless backhaul.

Reboot the AP or remove the cable and it intermittently goes back to wired before failing again.

Is this a firmware bug with the device, is it an app reporting issue, is it working on wired backhaul or WTH is actually going on!?

I dont have any faith in the app, the clients show devices connected over ethernet when they are outside the house on wifi - what a pile of ****.

Sort it out!!!

Logged a ticket with TP Link, so far got zero help.. apparently its been escalated but interesting to see that so many others are complaining.

My devices show a backhaul of 2.4/5GHz, if its falling back why cant I use 6GHz since I currently have only one mobile device that would use it and I am happy to sacrifice this to use it as backhaul only until the ethernet issue is fixed.

So, am I to disable the 6GHz SSID or leave it enabled?  As either option shows the nodes connected over 2.4/5ghz backhaul regardless of setting and that is even after a reboot!

Options