AX4400 Client mode / One Mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-29 01:50:50
Model: Archer AX4400  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to set up a second AX4400 as a client? I'm so far finding that it's not possible, which is incredibly frustrating, given that it has One Mesh.

I have a pair of them, I want to set the 2nd up in a detached garage, but on the same network as my primary one. I cannot run an Ethernet cable, so need to connect via WiFi. 

An AX3000 is the same price as an AX4400, yet loses the Ethernet ports. Ok, it has one and I could add a network switch, but then I'm running an extra device. Given that the AX4400 has One Mesh, why can we not set one as a client? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:AX4400 Client mode / One Mesh
2022-08-30 22:57:33

@Ax4400s_u,

Taken from the OneMesh Splash Page: " * Establishing Mesh Wi-Fi between routers is not currently supported (coming soon)* Establishing Mesh Wi-Fi between routers is not currently supported (coming soon)"

As this is a feature that has potential for future use, I would recommend making a post in our feature request section so that we can track and communicate the feedback with our team. I do not know the status of the feature, however, since it says that the feature is coming soon, I would expect that it is currently under development.

Options
Re:AX4400 Client mode / One Mesh
2022-08-31 13:24:47
Interesting, I wish I knew how long it would be until that feature is released. I have about 20 days left that I can return one of the AX4400 routers, The sensible option will likely be to return it and wait for that firmware update, at that point, pick up a 2nd router again. Thanks.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 573

Replies: 2

Related Articles