Can't Update Firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can't Update Firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Can't Update Firmware
Can't Update Firmware
2022-10-14 12:46:30
Model: Archer AX21  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20211130 rel.60820(5553)

I just got this router from amazon and noticed slow speeds when connected to my modem so I went to try to update the firmware to see if that would help, but no matter what I do, I can't seem to update it. I tried using the online update, local update, updated DNS to Google DNS and tried online and local again, but no luck. Did notice a "Unable to connect to the cloud server. Please try again later." behind the window saying downloading/uploading.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can't Update Firmware
2022-10-14 20:47:55

@LDSenpai,

If you have that warning that the router is unable to connect to our cloud servers, you will not be able to do any of the automatic updates. You will only be able to use the firmware files from our site. Double-check that you have the correct hardware version by looking at the label on the bottom of the router, some interfaces will report that you have version 3 even though you really have version 3.6

What were the slow speeds like on the router? This may be the issue that is preventing the cloud service connection.

If you connect directly to the modem, are the speeds what you would expect?

The most straightforward solution would be to reset the router to see if there was a setting that was affecting the connection. If you are presented with the option to sign in with your TP-Link ID, I would highly recommend this, as this would most likely require that your router connects to the same servers as the firmware updates would.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 525

Replies: 1

Related Articles