Youtube blocked on certian devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-11 17:27:00 - last edited 2023-06-12 20:18:01
Model: Archer AXE95  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

I just setup the router yesterday, Everything seems fine except YouTube will not connect on Roku devices, LG TV, and XBOX.  Youtube app connects fine on iPhones.  I haven't found any other apps acting this way (yet).  Any help would be appreciated.

Update, Can't connect on iphone either via web browser, message I get it "Safari can't open page because it couldn't establish a secure connection to the server"

Thank you..

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Youtube blocked on certian devices-Solution
2023-06-12 19:56:45 - last edited 2023-06-12 20:18:09

@scdreamin,

If you are first setting the router up, I would make sure that you are using the most up-to-date firmware. Otherwise, I would recommend taking a look at the Real Time Protection and Blocked Content(Parental Controls). Try disabling these features momentarily to see if the connection can then be made.

I would also recommend trying to change the DNS server of your network, as Google's 8.8.8.8 service may provide a more reliable connection to their platform.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Youtube blocked on certian devices-Solution
2023-06-12 19:56:45 - last edited 2023-06-12 20:18:09

@scdreamin,

If you are first setting the router up, I would make sure that you are using the most up-to-date firmware. Otherwise, I would recommend taking a look at the Real Time Protection and Blocked Content(Parental Controls). Try disabling these features momentarily to see if the connection can then be made.

I would also recommend trying to change the DNS server of your network, as Google's 8.8.8.8 service may provide a more reliable connection to their platform.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Youtube blocked on certian devices
2023-06-12 20:17:51 - last edited 2023-06-12 20:18:11

@Riley_S It was the DNS, I was using the OpenDNS family servers, I switched it back to my IPS's and I was able to access youtube.  Odd that it was just certiain devices and certian browsers..  but thanks..

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 617

Replies: 2

Related Articles