XE5300 Top Ethernet Port not Working

XE5300 Top Ethernet Port not Working

27 Reply
Re:XE5300 Top Ethernet Port not Working
2024-03-04 17:14:17

Hi @David-TP,

My second point is losing wired connection again, I believe I want to pursue the warranty.  I have had this a little over a year, not quite two years.  I saw there was a revision change on the hardware, is the newer rev guaranteed to be provided on the warranty request?  Thank you.

Options
2024-03-05 09:21:22

@Breaktackle 

Hi, The replaced unit needs to be confirmed with the local warranty office.

It would be better to check with them directly after you submit the warranty request.

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/contact-technical-support/#Warranty-Support

@JohnD-23 

Have you configured IPTV/VLAN under Deco APP>More>Advanced>IPTV/VLAN?

Please turn the IPTV ID off if it is not needed, and also replace the Ethernet cable between the modem and the main Deco.

It is quite rare both Deco had broken top ports at the same time.

If you have 3 Deco XE5300s, it would be great if you could help me test whether the third unit had the same issue.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-03-10 01:31:43

@David-TP 

I had to register my product because it wasn't yet registered, but the serial number did not exist in TP-Link database.  I submitted all the documentation 3/5 but it has not been verified yet.

Options
2024-03-11 10:17:47

@Breaktackle 

Hi, Thanks for the notification.

It should be ok now and the SN has been authorized.

Best regards.

Options
Re:XE5300 Top Ethernet Port not Working all three of networked devices
2024-07-31 09:19:04

@Breaktackle 

I also have the issue with the Ethernet port suddenly stopping and bringing down my network. It happened mid afternoon and I was on with my internet service provider for an hour troubleshooting. They said all was good on their end and it was my network. 

I tried troubleshooting for several hours myself with multiple recycles and power up and down to no avail. I finally called support as I pay the annual fee for it. They were helpful after an hour of troubleshooting. The fix was to remove the internet cable from the top/first Ethernet port to the second port and bingo the system came back up. I was told the first Ethernet port is bad and will now be unusable. 

The main problem with this is that I use all three of the Ethernet ports and this creates a major problem. I thought I had a workaround as I have three axe5300 devices so I would just switch one for the other that had three good Ethernet ports changing the substitution device to be called the replacement "main".  

When I did that everything went bad again. Two hours later and another support call determined that the replacement axe5300 that HAS NEVER HAD ANY USE OF THE ETHERNET port was also bad and requires using the second port as well. 

This system is only 1.5 years old and is past the one year warranty. The support person said they would send me a form to fill in for consideration on replacement but I have not yet received said form. 

Options
2024-08-03 13:27:17

@Johnfow1 

Sorry to hear. I ended up getting a refurb replacement under the new 2.x firmware and haven't had any issues since with ports working. My middle unit is assigning wired IP again without issue and I backhauled all the units via Ethernet. I will update the thread if this changes.

Options
2024-08-03 16:23:50

@Breaktackle 

Thanks for letting me know and sharing your success. Since the initial post, I have received approval for a warranty covered replacement. It is on the way at present and am awaiting delivery. Hopefully, the new device and firmware version will correct the issue. 

Options