Modem is connected to internet, router isn't

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-09 03:15:52
Model: Archer AX75  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

I've had a successful wifi connection for months, and two nights ago, my router stopped working. My cable modem is working, but the connection is gone to the wifi router. I have done ALL basic troubleshooting from various powering on and off, different cables, etc. Nothing is working. I have tried resetting both the modem and router and the router still won't connect. The router is only a few months old. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Modem is connected to internet, router isn't
2023-12-11 20:16:55

@ark23,

We may be able to get a better idea if you check your system logs for any errors, and taking a look at this KB article: LED Controller Errors in System Logs

Was your router broadcasting any wireless connection, or was it simply not connecting or allowing a connection to the internet? The LEDs on the front should provide this information.

You should consider performing a MAC clone since a PC connected directly to the modem has a connection. You can follow the steps in this guide to clone the MAC address of your PC: How to Perform a MAC Clone with an Archer Router

Options