Archer BE550 v1/1.6 + BE9300 Firmware Update

3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.11 Build 20240807

Hey Everybody, 

A New Firmware Has Been Released for the BE550 with a few fixes you will likely be interested in, including fixes for a few of the behaviors reported on the forums

Archer BE550 v1/1.6 Firmware Version: 1.0.11 Build 20240807

Archer BE9300 v1.6 Firmware Version: 1.0.11 Build 20240807

This firmware introduces the wireless firmware update, enhances system stability, and optimizes MLO network stability.

1.Updated wireless firmware to fix related instability issues.
2. Fixed the MLO disconnection issue with the Samsung S24U and other similar WiFi 7 clients.
3. Updated default encryption to WPA2/WPA3 for main 2.4G and 5G Wi-Fi networks.
4. Fixed the bug allowing clients on Guest Wi-Fi to access USB sharing in AP mode.
5. Enhanced VPN stability.
6. Fixed the issue where tether clients show no clients in special cases.
7. Improved app performance with server request optimizations.
8. Fixed the issue where DDNS stops working in special cases.

Check for an Update to Your Routers Firmware, Or Download and Apply the Firmware Manually from Your Device's Download Page

Archer BE550 Downloads and Release Notes

Archer BE9300 Downloads and Release Notes

Options
10 Reply
Re:Archer BE550 v1/1.6 + BE9300 Firmware Update
3 weeks ago

Has anyone tried this new firmware yet??  Any issues or problems??

Options
3 weeks ago

@gandalf1369,

I will wait for others to reply, but there is another thread regarding the OFDMA + MUMIMO switch not saving and the behavior for some Wi-Fi 7 Clients. On that thread, a few users have stated that it resolved the behavior. Right now, though, I have not heard of anything negative related to the update - especially since the update was pushed OTA last week.

Options
3 weeks ago

Tried the new firmware a few days ago on the BE550. i have three of them with numerous extenders at various locations. After upgrading i noticed a serious degredation of streaming on devices such as main TV which is connected via a lan connection. Constant buffering of streaming media on a GB connection. After a little tinkering and no appropriate results I retuned to the previous firmware 1.0.9 Build 20240521 rel.53113(4155). Zero issues with the previous firmware so unfortunately for me its been a dud updating to the latest firmware.

Options
3 weeks ago

@tony1014 

Thank you very much for your responce. Based on what you said I think I'll wait a little bit before updating to the new firmware.  Maybe the next release will be more stable.

Options
2 weeks ago
Oh, FFS — is that what's causing all the lagging? I've had numerous problems with streaming video hanging this past week. Ugh.
Options
2 weeks ago

@Riley_S Not sure if this was happening in the previous releases since I just received this router and accepted the upgrade as I was first configuring it, but the VPN behavior is quite terrible.

What happens is that overnight the devices configured to use the VPN, lose connectivity completely, while they're still connected to the router via Wi-Fi. You have to do a complete resetting show (all devices) for it to work again.

I tested this with 2 different VPN providers  (ExpressVPN and Surfshark), and with both OpenVPN and WireGuard, the effect is the same.

Also, when using both OpenVPN and Wireguard, Netflix just doesn't work for some reason. I'd of course could blame this on the VPN provider or the network, but nobody seems to be complaining about this in their forums, so I guess it could also be a protocol thing.

I hope these issues are looked after and fixed in the next firmware release.

Best,

NS

Options
2 weeks ago

@tony1014 

Are you saying there are 3 BE550s and other extenders in the same network? How are they connected to each other, via Ethernet or wireless?

If you're willing to test with the 1.0.11 later, please help confirm if there is still an issue when only connecting one BE550 in the network, and connecting the TV to its LAN port.

If you're hesitant to do so, you can continue using the older 1.0.9 version on your BE550. Our engineering should investigate this further once we have more details from others.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2 weeks ago

fastasleep wrote

Oh, FFS — is that what's causing all the lagging? I've had numerous problems with streaming video hanging this past week. Ugh.

@fastasleep If you're experiencing a similar issue, can you please provide more details?

Are there any EasyMesh extenders in the BE550 network? If so, how are they connected, via Wi-Fi or Ethernet?

How is the TV connected to the network? If possible, please disconnect the extenders from the network and connect the TV directly to the BE550 using an Ethernet cable, then monitor whether the streaming issue persists.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Yesterday - last edited Yesterday

@tony1014 where can i download older versions of firmware for the BE9300 v1.0? I was waiting for 1.09 to 'settle down', but now it's at 1.11 already.

I'm currently still running 1.07, which seems to be doing ok in my household. And we're about to cut cable tv, and go all streaming. So if streaming is somewhat impacted like you said, i'd like to be able to roll-back to a version where streaming (again, in my household) seems to be doing fine :D

R.

Options
20 hours ago

Hi,

Netflix doesn't like VPN's.....  They basically block their service if it detects a VPN.

You have to set up a split tunnel for Netflix to work 

Options