how to connect tp link router to my desktop with the help of broband router ?

3 weeks ago
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20210430 Rel. 75994 (for instance

hii community,

I need help connecting my TP-Link router to my desktop through a broadband router. I’ve connected the TP-Link router's WAN port to one of the LAN ports on the broadband router,  My desktop is connected to the TP-Link router either via Ethernet or Wi-Fi, but I’m having trouble . What are the correct steps to configure the TP-Link router and verify that everything is working correctly? give me any solution to my problem.

Options
2 Reply
Re:how to connect tp link router to my desktop with the help of broband router ?
3 weeks ago

@romilly 

In a network, you want only one device set in router mode.

For example, if you have a gateway (modem/router combo) and you want to connect a router to it, you would put the gateway into bridge mode and attach the router to it. The router would then would control the eithernet and WIFI.

Another example is to to have the gateway or your main router be the main control of the Ethernet and WIFI and add aother router in AP (Access Point) mode.

You do not want two routers in 'router' mode.

Put the TP Link router in AP mode.

Options
Re:how to connect tp link router to my desktop with the help of broband router ?
3 weeks ago

Hey @romilly 

Welcome to the community!

I would second ArcherC8's recommendation, and would like to provide this resource on how to set up the router in Access Point Mode, should you decide to go that route.

Options