Smart actions more than 3 active

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Smart actions more than 3 active

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
193 Reply
Re:Smart actions more than 3 active
2020-08-12 02:26:27
Carl, thanks. Triggers were promised by TP Link in the initial announcement of IFTTT support, it's disappointing to hear that TP Link will not be fulfilling that promise. At least it's clear now that this won't be happening so that people can decide what to do and not be waiting on something that's not happening. An expanded set of Smart Actions will have to do for those that choose to stick with TP Link.
Options
2020-09-03 00:30:31

All i can say I am shocked that only 3 smart action can be added. Why not show this warning when first action is added? I bought couple switch to try. Testted auto off and was happy. Then bought bought 35 more switches, spend 3-4 weeks intsallinga all of them and just done today. One of the reason to for with tplink was auto off timer and i need to set atleast 10-12 for bathroom light and fan, laundry, mud room, garage, basement etc and now i cannot do it. I am frustrated and speechless whoever came up with this limitation. I will wait for few more days and seriously consider ripping all of these off, atleast ones that is in these infrequent places and i installed those mosty for timer. Good thing is that a lot of my switches are from Costco so then will take it back even after a year.

Can we get any timeline on this? 

Options
2020-09-15 02:22:18 - last edited 2020-09-15 02:26:13

I found this thread because I share the same concern and performed a google search.  The auto shut off timer is a very nice feature that should be available.  It doesn't make much sense to only allow 3.  Further it doesn't make much sense to have to set one up for every device.  Why not have one rule and apply to multiple devices.  Then the limitation of 3 isn't as harmful to your customer experience.  It seems like you're dragging your feet on this change but perhaps you want the experience perfect or you aren't an agile team.

Anyway, I would like to add that I am switching to Kasa from Wemo and I can 100% attest that although Wemo does offer a nice auto off rule, they have nothing else going for them.  Their devices routinely fall off the network, they are not resilliant in any way shape or form, a slight glitch in power and they all go offline, their app is non-responsive and their devices are more than twice as expensive as Kasa.  After a power failure they remain off as well.  Anyone thinking of changing ship...I wouldn't.  Their support is far inferior too.  Their IT department is out of touch with their customer base which is clearly a CTO issue all the way.

Anyway, I hope one more nudge will get this resolved.  I am able to get around this customer facing problem by setting up scheduled random "off" events which means my device still turns off but at random intervals (anywhere from 1 to 60 minutes).  It's not great but it's better than nothing at all (which is what you provide for the most part).  

Thanks!!

Options
2020-09-15 22:09:46

I'm very disappointed in Tp-Link / Kasa. To be limited to only 3 actions is ridiculous. I was planning on installing more of these but now why bother. If I had known about this I would have continued to search for other options. I will be addressing this in my review of your products on Amazon. I like the hardware, the software needs some work.

Options
2020-09-15 22:22:33

Let's all leave review in amazon at the same time. May be then tplink will understand the gravity of this issue when it effect their bottom line. 

Options
2020-09-25 00:04:02

Just spent close to $800 on switches and find out I can only have 3 smart actions, and no triggers for iffft. 
this is awful. I feel like I just wasted my money and should have gone with the cheaper options.

we need a proper eta on this fix or I'm returning everything and making a thread on the action tiles forum to avoid tp link

Options
2020-09-26 20:45:29

I just ran into this, the limit is very frustrating when I have multiple devices and need 2 actions if I want to control on and off times for them. With this limitation the feature is essentially useless for anyone with more than 1 or 2 devices.

Options
2020-09-28 13:49:44

@Fortify9 3+ smart actions is slated as a premium feature surely, ker-ching.

Options
2020-10-04 14:28:50

@Fortify9 I'll pile on here.  I just ordered a bunch of switches.  I'll be sending them back as soon as they arrive.  What's the point of these without the ability to automate them?

Options
2020-10-08 13:36:29

Also not happy.  I just bought all of these devices and I can only control a handful of them.no

Options