Bought 2 KL110 bulbs, one connects but the other won't

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-11 22:09:54
Model: KL110  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hei, there. I'm new to the "smart bulb" scene. Just bought a 2-pack from Amazon of the KL110 bulbs. Initially, I was able to connect both bulbs no problem. Then I was noticing that the one bulb was showing as not connected. It would appear in the list of my 2 bulbs, but I could not turn it on or adjust the schedule. So I disconnected it and now I can't get it to reconnect. I go thru all of the steps and at the very end to the "connecting smart bulb to your home network" screen and it says it can't connect to my internet. It tells me to check the status LED on the bulb to see if it's red or green, but I don't even see a status LED anywhere. I know there's nothing wrong with my internet because the other bulb that is connected is in the basement, further away from my modem/router. This bulb is on the same floor and less than 10 feet from my modem/router. I've tired a dozen times and it just won't work. Any ideas? My firmware is up to date. TIA

Options
4 Reply
Re:Bought 2 KL110 bulbs, one connects but the other won't
2022-04-12 01:29:07

Hello   @Dopey1200 

If kasa bulb failed to connect to Wi-Fi network, it's a good step to verify password and confirm correct Wi-Fi password was given in during setup

* please double check the Wi-Fi password on the app after the password is put in

• How to Verify Router Wi-Fi password? 
    •  Forget router Wi-Fi on your mobile phone and manually input Wi-Fi password to verify router’s Wi-Fi password is correct.   ( Phone Settings > Wi-Fi >tap router's Wi-Fi SSID to forget network or Long press wifi name to delete the Wi-Fi profile).
    • Or check Wi-Fi password on router Wireless settings page

• Here are some other tips you could give it a try.  In case4  you could try changing a different phone, change the Wi-Fi channel of router and also check its wireless security (WPA/WPA2 recommended)

What should I do if I fail to configure the Kasa device?

• Make sure VPN is OFF during kasa app set up process 

If still the same, may I know the model of router, do you connect bulb to router directly or through extender? Model of phone and its Android or IOS version:

To help isolate the issue,  try to connect bulb to 2.4Ghz mobile hotspot wifi network and see if bulb could connect to it? 

Options
2022-04-18 22:12:36 - last edited 2022-04-19 17:19:36

EDIT: finally was able to get it added but it's back to doing what is was doing before - not staying connected in the app. Sometimes it's connected, sometimes it's not. Any solution to that? Again, it's not as far away from the router/modem as my other bulb, which is always connected. 

@Solla-topee Hi - still unable to connect. My phone is an iPhone 13 mini. I'm already trying to use the 2.4Ghz. No extender is being used. I'm literally 10 feet away from the router/modem. Again, I have another bulb that is working fine and this one was also once connected, but never stayed connected, so I removed it and now can't get it back. I can't believe that the problem is with my internet connection/password, etc. 

Options
2022-04-20 01:58:50 - last edited 2022-04-20 01:59:48

Hello  @Dopey1200 

Thank you for the update!

When smart device becomes offline, can you still access it locally when a phone connected to the home Wi-Fi network? 

What should I do if I cannot control my Kasa device?

Ensure the bulb has a good signal strength

As you have 2 bulbs, you could try swap the location for them

May I know what is signal strength on bulb, please check the MAC address of bulb with us via private message. How often that bulb becomes not accessible? 

What is the the model of router,does both bulbs connect to the same Wi-Fi router directly, or through extender? Thanks!

Options
2022-05-10 14:27:24

@Solla-topee - I cannot access the bulb when it's offline, I get the "device unreachable - your device may be powered off or out of network range" error. Both bulbs are connected to the same wi-fi, no extender is being used. The router brand is Arris. I have checked with my internet provider and all is working on their end. I have confirmed that I am set up for WPA2. I have no VPN turned on. How do I check the signal strength of the bulb? 

Options