Feature Update for Kasa KS220 Smart Dimmer

2022-08-11 00:35:01 - last edited 2023-01-03 19:50:02
Model: KS220  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

The Team just released an update for the KS220 to bring its features and settings more in line with some of our other smart switches. Check to see if you have either a firmware update or an app update available in the coming days. 

The configuration for these new features can be found in the smart dimmer configuration option under your device's settings. You will soon see options to configure the behavior of the dimmer when interacting with the switch.

For Tapping the Switch - Fade On/Off
Double Tap
Long Press
Gentle On Time
Gentle Off Time

We hope that all our users put these features to good use, and let us know if you experience any issues while using these new features!

Instructions and Images for Similar Configuration Options on the HS220 can be found here:

What is Dimming Calibration and How Does it Work?

*Be Advised that the Dimmer Calibration has been moved out of this menu and into a separate menu option

Options
4 Reply
Re:Feature Update for Kasa KS220 Smart Dimmer
2022-12-27 18:15:18 - last edited 2022-12-27 18:18:40

Riley_S wrote

The Team just released an update for the KS220 to bring its features and settings more in line with some of our other smart switches. Check to see if you have either a firmware update or an app update available in the coming days. 

The configuration for these new features can be found in the smart dimmer configuration option under your device's settings. You will soon see options to configure the behavior of the dimmer when interacting with the switch.

For Tapping the Switch - Fade On/Off
Double Tap
Long Press
Gentle On Time
Gentle Off Time

We hope that all our users put these features to good use, and let us know if you experience any issues while using these new features!

Instructions and Images for Similar Configuration Options on the HS220 can be found here:

What is Dimming Calibration and How Does it Work?

*Be Advised that the Dimmer Calibration has been moved out of this menu and into a separate menu option

@Riley_S  I assume you made a typo and meant the Kasa HS220 received the updates and not the KS220M cry smile.  The additions for the HS220 is awesome and I swapped out KS220M from bedrooms in favour of the HS220.

The KS220M, a switch with both dimming and motion has the potential to be an ultimate universal switch with the right feature sets.  When your engineers revisit it, please consider...

** HOLD current state for one of the Double Tap or Long Press options.   This would allow KS220M the features and flexibility for use in mix use / bedrooms.  If someone wishes to keep the lights on for work... or off for sleep.

Other nicities but likely more challenging would be...

- (For Switches with dimming) Disable or force either dimming buttons to a preset via kasa app.  In case the fixture is changed or the switch is used with a fixture that needs steady current (not compatible with dimming).

- (For Switches with motion sensor) Option to use sensor states independently  for smart actions without passing on load...  example set a schedule for certain sensors to trigger other lights, or send invisible warnings etc..

Options
2023-01-03 20:01:01

@LearnTO,

Thanks for letting me know, the product must have auto-filled to include the 'M'. I apologize for getting your hopes up.

This was meant for the HS220 as you mentioned, but have since also released a Homekit Version of the device that it also applies to, the KS220.

We have seen many requests for the KS220M, and as a result I will be gathering the feedback from across the forum regarding the hardware and features of the device to present to our development and engineering teams. Keep an eye out for any questions or updates from the team over the next week or two, as CES is this weekend and is taking up many teams resources.

Options
2023-11-29 13:57:26

@Riley_S  - Hi, Can you tell me why my KS220 will not turn off via Alexa.

The switch turns on, dimmer works all via Alexa, but it will not shut off until manually done? 

Thanks

Options
2023-11-29 17:25:13

@Mike-H1

Hmmm.. I would first try rebooting the device using the onboard buttons - however I would think this may be a problem with Alexa and you may need to re-add the device to your Alexa home.

Does the Smart Switch turn off correctly when you are using the Kasa App? What about when controlling the device from within the Alexa app, rather than voice?

Options

Information

Helpful: 6

Views: 827

Replies: 4