Upgraded to Kasa 3.0.0 on my phone. All my Smart Actions and Scenes, GONE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Upgraded to Kasa 3.0.0 on my phone. All my Smart Actions and Scenes, GONE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
19 Reply
Re:Upgraded to Kasa 3.0.0 on my phone. All my Smart Actions and Scenes, GONE
2022-09-28 23:16:40

@mgudites,

Really glad to hear that! Hope you get to enjoy all the new features of the applications now

Options
2022-10-04 18:31:53

Since the update I am getting these symptoms:

T1) Cannot run ANY of my old scenes. After a pause of about 5 seconds I get the error message "This condition does not exist".

2) I can create a new scene in the updated app, but it still will not run (same error as above). Therefore "recreating all my scenes" is not an option - even if I wanted to.

3) IFTTT integration using scenes is broken (IFTTT triggers OK but scene does not run).

4) Thankfully, scene activation using Alexa still works (for now).

This is absolutely abysmal and i would be most appreciative if you would fix it immediately so I can have my smart home working again.

Very, VERY unhappy.

Digsy.

Options
2022-10-10 14:04:03

@mgudites 

I also lost 100% of my shortcuts with the latest 3.0 app and subsequent update.

None of my shortcuts on any of my devices will work

I did confirm by creating a new shortcut that it does work, however, having dozens of shortcuts tied to this app that must be recreated seems there must be an issue.

Options
2022-10-11 11:53:40 - last edited 2022-10-11 12:34:20

Hello   @MacGarage 

The issue mentioned in the original post has been fixed, for your concern with IOS shortcut, please Start a New Thread with the case details, and we'd be happy to help take a further look at it. Appreciated for your understanding! 

@Digsy 

Here is another topic with solution:   [Solution] Scene does not work with the Andriod Kasa APP 3.0.2, error: ' This condition does not exist' 

Options
[Solution] Smart Action & Scene settings are gone in the Kasa APP 3.0-Solution
2022-10-11 12:32:08 - last edited 2022-10-11 12:41:26

Hello everyone, 

Glad to know the  Smart Action and Scenes now appears and works you. Here we'd like to share some details about the fix, so the new community users can get an overview of it. You are free to Start a New Thread for any further feedback. 

Phenomenon: 

Some may find the previous Smart Action and Scenes settings in the previous app disappears after upgrade to new Kasa APP 3.0 app

Solution: 

Fixed around Sep 28th,  2022.  You hould be able to see the Smart Action and Scene entries comes back directly. ( with no need for changing settings or reinstalling the app) 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   
This topic will be closed later after the fix. For any other feedback,  please Start a New Thread in the community, you may share some information below to help solve the problem:    1. The Kasa APP version   2. A photo of the settings or error message   3. Model of your mobile device and its Andriod or IOS version 

Thank you again for the feedback . 

Related Articles:

[New Kasa APP] Kasa APP 3.0

New Kasa Application Launching

Recommended Solution
Options
[Solution] Smart Action & Scene settings are gone in the Kasa APP 3.0
2022-11-09 22:31:34

@Solla-topee 

I am having similar problems.  My schedule for turning the cameras on and off vanished and now I cannot set them up again because the Scene or Smart Actions do not show the camera devices any more.  I have 3 switches and 3 cameras, all show up on the home page. For programming, the switches show up everywhere but the cameras are not an option.  Examples:

On the 'Smart' page see:  Scenes -> Add Scene -> (New Scene pg) +Add Action -> (Add Action pg) Control Smart Devices -> (Choose a Device page): only Switches show up here, no cameras.

Similarly, 'Smart' page, see: Smart Actions -> Add Smart Action -> (New Smart Action pg) +Add Action -> (Add Action pg) Control Smart Devices -> (Choose a Device page): only Switches show up here, no cameras either. 

'Smart' page try to set up a timer: Featured Actions -> Auto-Off Timer -> (Choose a Device pg); only Switches show up here as well.

Luckily I can still turn the cameras on/off manually, and my Alexis switch routines still work.

Please update the app to include cameras in the Choose a Device page.

Configuration:  Iphone 12, IOS 15.6.1, Kasa App Version 3.1.2

Options
2022-11-10 19:00:12

@Solla-topee

My scenes are all gone today after opening the app. I am running 3.1.2 on ios16.1.1.

What happened?

This morning the shortcut worked. few hours later tried again got an error. opened the app and all scenes are gone somehow.

Options
2022-11-23 11:49:48

Hi  @Deeter 

Your concern or problem you met seems to be different, can you Start a New Thread here so we can provide suggestions accordingly and follow it up, thanks!

Options
2022-11-23 11:57:16

Hello everyone,

Since the problem mentioned in the thread was solved in October,2022 as the Marked solution of this thread, this topic will be closed for comment so you can provide the feedback in a new post. 

Please Start a New Thread if you wish to report a new case or share any additional feedback. 

Thank you. 

Options