All smart switches stopped working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-26 02:31:04
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

All of my kasa smart dimmers HS220 and smart switches HS200 stopped working with Alexa and the Kasa app.  I deleted all devices from the app to try and re-pair.  Now none of the devices will pair.  I long press the button on the bottom left corner until it start flashing orange and green, start the pair process, choose the devices wifi network, select my wifi, enter the password, then the app tries pairing for a couple of minutes before they error out.  All switches were working fine since I initially set them up several months back until two days ago.  I noticed Kasa updated the app a week ago, so wondering if that has something to do with the problem, and more important, how to fix it.

Options
3 Reply
Re:All smart switches stopped working
2022-10-26 17:47:45

@Donkeycrusher,

Are you able to tell if the devices were disconnected from the network when it occurred?

I would recommend going through the process of completely removing your Kasa app from your device and reinstalling it.

To accomplish this, go into your phone's storage settings and remove the documents and data related to the Kasa Application. Then reinstall the app from the app store.

At what point in the installation does the setup fail? Can you attach a screenshot of the message? It may simply be that your phone is not connecting back to the switch's wifi to complete the setup. You can try to remove the private addressing setting in your phone's wifi settings, and also ensure that there is no VPN enabled on your phone.

Have you tried setting up the devices with another phone or tablet?

Options
2022-10-26 18:32:04
Suggest you look at your wifi network. This sounds like network comm problem. Consider turning off what you can that's using wifi, reboot the entire house (I'd turn off the circuit breaker main, wait 10 seconds, and turn back on) and then start pairing test over. If devices, at least some, pair again dig deeper into your wifi network for problems areas.
Options
2022-10-27 00:50:30

@Riley_S  Yes, I tried setting up from my ipad and had the same problems.

Options