Single firmware updates

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Single firmware updates

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Single firmware updates
Single firmware updates
2022-12-13 19:03:52
Model: HS103  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.3

I've got about 10 plugs that all need firmware updates to 1.0.4 from 1.0.3. The Android software for these devices only lets me update all at once. I'd rather do them one or a few at a time, especially since there are some at a remote location.

Is there any way to request a single plug to update itself instead of all at once?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Single firmware updates
2022-12-13 22:51:48

@Gary_Berg,

The only way to manually trigger the update appears to be through the general firmware update screen. This may have something to do with the way that the plugs communicate with each other in the home, as two devices running different firmware may not function in a group correctly.

The only workaround that I can think of is that when you first set up a device on your app, the device checks for a firmware update and offers the update. This may only be for one device, and you may be able able to trigger the prompt by performing a soft reset and connecting the device to your network again, but I cannot be sure that this will not try to update the rest of the devices.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 391

Replies: 1

Related Articles